You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-8-2016 17:41:27  #1

Removing Royal Heritage Platen

Hey all. I recently purchased a Royal Heritage typewriter for $10 and would like to remove the platen. I see that the knobs are held in place by what look like screws designed for allen wrenches. Are these just screws that hold the knobs in place or does the allen wrench design indicate something more involved?

The reason I am asking is that I recently took apart a Hermes 3000 and removed the platen without realizing that it requires some know-how to take it apart without screwing it up. Want to be sure I know what I am getting myself into.

Thanks!

29-8-2016 13:52:01  #2

Re: Removing Royal Heritage Platen

I'm not familiar with your model of typewriter (I am in England and I assume that you are in the USA as you mention Dollars)  If you can post a picture of the machine, or a link to a picture of a similar machine, I am sure that I or someone else on here will be able to help you.  I probably know this typewriter under a different name.

29-8-2016 16:53:31  #3

Re: Removing Royal Heritage Platen

There were a few differnt Heritage models, but I suspect the one being referred to is the Futura-based model.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera