You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11-12-2016 00:29:27  #21

Re: Typewriter injuries

Repartee wrote:

Now you have me curious. I searched YouTube for "Starbucks Typewriter" but only found a man using an electronic typewriter and a woman using a Remington #1 portable. 

It was a long time ago that I saw this on YouTube.  I looked for it myself, but it appears to have gone.  Along a similar note, I have thought about mapping the feasibility of repeating this experiment with a similar typewriter of my own to see if it could be done here in my town.  I may be limited to a $5.00 cup of coffee, but I assure you I paid $20.00 for the IBM model B, and I personally reconditioned it myself.  I'll let everyone here know how I come out, and it will be another interesting chapter in a book I'm working on.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

11-12-2016 01:34:21  #22

Repartee wrote:

Now you have me curious. I searched YouTube for "Starbucks Typewriter" but only found a man using an electronic typewriter and a woman using a Remington #1 portable. 

Me, as well. I did the same search. I want to see the guy with the giant electric.

11-12-2016 10:05:20  #23

TypewriterKing wrote:

It was a long time ago that I saw this on YouTube. I looked for it myself, but it appears to have gone. Along a similar note, I have thought about mapping the feasibility of repeating this experiment with a similar typewriter of my own to see if it could be done here in my town. I may be limited to a $5.00 cup of coffee, but I assure you I paid $20.00 for the IBM model B, and I personally reconditioned it myself. I'll let everyone here know how I come out, and it will be another interesting chapter in a book I'm working on.

I look forward to reading about your social experiment. Maybe the video was taken down at Starbucks' request to prevent copycat incidents of office machine abuse.

Speaking of conspicuous use of obsolescent technological marvels we recently saved a seemingly unused TASCAM cassette deck from the trash stream at work. My proposal is to put it on a luggage cart with a UPS and a pair of over the ear headphones and call it a rolling Walkman. Claim you just can't get that rich depth of sound from digital music.

You would OWN Starbucks! 

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

Board footera