You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27-2-2017 14:09:50  #1

FS: One off Hermes Ambassador in forest green

Hi all,

I have for sale a one-off Hermes Ambassador manual typewriter, I have personally never serviced it, but it looks very clean inside and everything works perfectly.  It's a very big standard desktop typewriter, hence its too big and impractical to use in my house.  So I've never bothered serviced it. It should go to a home where someone can use it and appreciate it.

The platen is still rubbery and has plenty of life left.  Someone on the typewriter database said it was a respray but said it was a very good one. Myself, I could not tell anybody other than a professional in a factory had done this, I've not even sure it wasn't a special commission.  Has a hole at the back for inserting a plug and the holes ready for a motor fixing.

I've only every seen mint green and a very dark green version.

Stunning to type on, quite small elite font.

Please see my eBay listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232238915154?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Please see my other typewriter listings too on eBay.

I am willing to discuss price and if you're local, I would welcome you to come and try the machine, otherwise, I might be able to get it sent by courier but its huge!

It has tabs which allow you to work with numbers quickly and accurately ranging from 1 number to tens of millions.

Thanks for looking

Richard

27-2-2017 16:36:21  #2

Re: FS: One off Hermes Ambassador in forest green

Platenboy wrote:

a one-off Hermes Ambassador manual typewriter... Someone on the typewriter database said it was a respray but said it was a very good one. Myself, I could not tell anybody other than a professional in a factory had done this, I've not even sure it wasn't a special commission.

I agree that it looks like it was repainted by someone - probably by a professional repair shop - after the fact. Had it been painted that colour at the factory, it's very likely that the inside of the ribbon cover would be the same colour as the outside, and that Hermes most certainly would have used a space bar from the darker-coloured Ambassador variant, which would have suited your machine much better. It's very possible that the typewriter was rebuilt at some point and that it was repainted while it was disassembled.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-3-2017 12:10:48  #3

Re: FS: One off Hermes Ambassador in forest green

Hi,

Sorry for the day in replying.  I did try a few days back but it said I wasn't logged in then I got distracted.

Yes, I agree, I had not even noticed the difference in the door inside colour, good points and yes it's a shame about the spacebar, I've actually got some green spray paint that would look better than the green it is now, but then again it would change the originality of the machine, but then again it's a respray anyway so who knows.

Thanks

Richard

Board footera