You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31-10-2017 08:18:38  #101

Re: Possible Acquistions Thread

Certainly I'm not contemplating this purchase, but I put it out here as a public service.  Didn't know Olympia made such a machine. https://newjersey.craigslist.org/clt/d/1965-olympia-sm4-deluxe-24k/6365912789.html

31-10-2017 08:23:44  #102

Of course, FW! (Notwithstanding the fact that I've still not posted piccies / full reports on those machines which have already landed!).

I'm just hoping that the jaunty, not quite attached angle of the ribbon cover isn't hiding all kinds of nastiness. Mind you, it's probably worth the money even if there's a dead cat inside it!

You can always walk away from an Ebay 'collect', though...

31-10-2017 08:31:05  #103

I have heard of these machines, but never before seen one on the open market.

I suspect his asking price is ludicrously optimistic, though - but perhaps rarity will win through, even if it is only covered in about a gram of the shiny stuff.

31-10-2017 12:38:16  #104

I've seen a few plated Olympia models over the years, they certainly aren't common, but for half that asking price I'd be willing to make one as a custom order.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

01-11-2017 06:18:51  #105

Found a Keystone typewriter (with case) on Craigslist in DC for $20. 
Unfortunately, I'm currently #2 in the queue for it, and I can't imagine anyone would just let that pass. 

02-11-2017 08:05:02  #106

Focus Pocus 

Another poorly listed Ebay find for not much money - in glorious 'Blur - o -Vision' (TM).

Royal Junior - 2nd type:

[img]Focus Pocus by Frank Judge, on Flickr[/img]

04-11-2017 12:23:03  #107

Well, I'm clearly feeling bold today. My interests seem to be widening & taking me further back in time, so I've taken a punt on these two beauties - a Wanderer Klein Conti & a Regent badged (and Remington inspired) Torpedo of, as yet, undetermined model.

Seller seemed a bit vague on how to package, but I've hopefully put him right & have Ebay protection to fall back on. Both are very nice cosmetically, and the seller 'thinks' they work, but can't be sure (hence my use of the word 'punt').

Y'all know this is a bit of departure for me - I'm hoping I've bought well, all things considered, for a combined total of £85 inc. express carriage. What do you think?

[img]Klein Cont by Frank Judge, on Flickr[/img]

[img]Regent Ripoff by Frank Judge, on Flickr[/img]

04-11-2017 15:15:57  #108

Very nice scores! I've got a virtually identical Continental (but with a Swiss QWERTZ keyboard) which is probably the most dependable machine I own. 

04-11-2017 15:52:34  #109

Thanks, MM.

I've been looking at the Conti for a while - I meant to bid on one during the week, funnily enough, but couldn't escape my commitments to get back in time. This one seems to be in better condition (from what I can see of it, anyway!) though, and was a fair amount cheaper than the ultimate winning bid on the first machine.

Hopefully, it'll arrive intact & working - guess I'll know by midweek.

04-11-2017 17:19:57  #110

More Recent than Possible Acquisitions then...

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera