You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-7-2017 14:13:19  #1

Second poetry collection now available

After nearly two years of work, I published the digital edition of The Elastic Dome, by Edwin Feliu, on Kindle for $1.99 per download. I think this is my best work so far. My first collection, Postcards From The Tattooed Man's Chest, was released in 2007. All the poems were typewritten, and some appear in a small book I offer here, Type Set, which is also my handle. Several poems talk about typewriters and the writing life. The book features 43 poems or so. Seventy were written in a six-month period, and I chose what I consider the best. Several were published in different national reviews. My goal for this edition is to have 50 or more downloads, and at least 50 more for the print edition, which will be available later in the year. Check my website, eafeliupoetry.com, for updates. That blog has typewriter reviews, prose and other writings. There will be a formal announcement of the launch later during the week, along with updates on web-related promotions and virtual book tours. Please help me achieve my goal: it's not about the money, of course, but about getting the work in as many hands as possible. 

Edwin Feliu
edwincito@yahoo.com

Visit my website, eafeliupoetry.com, for posts on typewriters and literature.

22-7-2017 14:51:43  #2

Re: Second poetry collection now available

Exciting! Good to hear fellow poets getting their work out there. I will have to check it out.

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -- Ernest Hemingway

22-7-2017 17:00:04  #3

I've never had any luck writing poetry on a typewriter, though. They work great for me for fiction, but with how many little changes I find myself making in mid-sentence on my poems, pens are better for keeping things fluid.

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -- Ernest Hemingway

23-7-2017 16:06:33  #4

I owe a lot to typewriters. In fact, if I hadn't resumed using them, this collection probably wouldn't have come about. Writing with typewriters makes me want to write more. My method is to rewrite what I have, add and delete, rewrite, retype and so on until I get a first draft. Then I put the poem aside after a second or third draft, and rework it again until it's satisfactory. 

Visit my website, eafeliupoetry.com, for posts on typewriters and literature.

Board footera