You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-5-2018 11:51:11  #11

Re: Has anyone examined the new 'We R Memory Keepers' typewriter - UGH !

I couldn't agree more !  And it is not as if the machine would be irreplaceable since they still make them, or rather, throw them together

30-5-2018 22:03:23  #12

To be honest, in my not-qualified opinion, these look alot like the Olympia SM. But, looks is not everything. The Olympia SM4 is by far the greatest machine that I have ever used, and, all I can say is that, while I live in Australia and have no access to the WRMK, I think that just by looking at it one can deduce the fact that it is of low quality.

I am a dangerous man when turned loose with a typewriter.
- Charles Bukowski

31-5-2018 09:28:31  #13

They are attractive -- reminiscent of the carriage-shift Olympia SMs, as you note. But when thetypewriterman said in his initial post that the typeslugs are plastic, that told me all I needed to know.

I would like to check out a Royal Epoch, though -- my sense is that it's of better quality (though a Royal from the mid-1960s or earlier would be a lot better, and can be had for a song).

31-5-2018 15:54:50  #14

Yes, I certainly think that they looked at the Olympia SM when they designed the casing, although they couldn't be bothered to redesign the square carriage ends from the original 1970's Nakajima-built Olympia Carina that the machine is derived from.  My heart leapt when I first saw a picture of this machine - and sank when I finally got hold of one to examine in detail

06-6-2018 12:58:47  #15

Thneedington, I would love to see this done

Typewriter Service Tech (and avid nerd)

Board footera