You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26-3-2018 11:16:43  #1

Long time no see! Reintroduction

Hey everyone!

It's been a long time since I've read and posted here.  I've still been collecting and collecting. And collecting.

I'm Leigh and I've been collecting for about 4 years now.  I stopped counting at 70 machines, so I really have no idea how many I have now.  More than 70, less than 100, probably... Oh, I've also been making typewriter decals for cars, so if you feel the need to fly your freak flag on your car, let me know.  These are the ones I've done so far: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_t3hzdoodlnamdPTU9FeXd1VWM  Please don't steal my pictures, it takes me hours to draw these!

I've been focusing more on fixing up the ones I have now than acquiring new ones. 

I just had the pleasure of meeting a Typetalk member in person yesterday at an antique mall in Dayton, which made me think I should reintroduce myself here and see what all I have missed.

26-3-2018 12:06:33  #2

Re: Long time no see! Reintroduction

I love those decals!!

Typewriter Service Tech (and avid nerd)

26-3-2018 12:32:00  #3

Welcome back!

I'd like to see what one of the decals looks like on a car window in a wider shot so there's some perspective as to its size. It's a great idea; sure to confuse the unwashed, and a good source of a chuckle for those who might actually understand what they're looking at.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

26-3-2018 12:36:12  #4

I love the Underwood one especially -- "Speeds the World's Business." That would be a great ballcap.

Glad you're back!

26-3-2018 12:40:17  #5

Uwe- I can do the decals pretty much any size up to 23.5" x 11.5"  I'll post a picture of the back of my car soonish!

26-3-2018 12:40:57  #6

Lucas Dul wrote:

I love those decals!!

Thanks Lucas!

26-3-2018 12:42:04  #7

Fleetwing wrote:

I love the Underwood one especially -- "Speeds the World's Business." That would be a great ballcap.

Glad you're back!

I like that one too.  As well as the Wielwerke one with the bicycle logo.  Not strictly typewriter related, but such a cool logo.  Logos are easy to do, so if you have a custom request let me know.  Typewriter drawings take much much longer.

27-3-2018 11:13:29  #8

Spazmelda wrote:

I just had the pleasure of meeting a Typetalk member in person yesterday at an antique mall in Dayton, which made me think I should reintroduce myself here and see what all I have missed.

It was great to meet you. That Royal flatbed was beautiful. Glad to see you back on the forum.

27-3-2018 11:17:26  #9

SoucekFan wrote:

Spazmelda wrote:

It was great to meet you. That Royal flatbed was beautiful. Glad to see you back on the forum.

That was such a treat.  I emailed you some pictures of the work so far on the Royal.  I'm having the best time working on it.  I hope you don't regret too much letting it go to me.  If it helps, the feed rollers were trash and it's costing me $130 to get them redone, lol.

27-3-2018 11:18:01  #10

Spazmelda wrote:

SoucekFan wrote:

Spazmelda wrote:

That was such a treat.  I emailed you some pictures of the work so far on the Royal.  I'm having the best time working on it.  I hope you don't regret too much letting it go to me.  If it helps, the feed rollers were trash and it's costing me $130 to get them redone, lol.

The feed rollers and platen, I mean.  Not just the feed rollers for that price.

Board footera