You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30-6-2019 17:40:30  #1

Best source for screws for a Hermes Rocket body?

Hardware stores can't seem to help.
either too long, wide, or none at all. 

Throw up into your typewriter every morning. Clean up every noon - Raymond Chandler

30-6-2019 21:53:36  #2

Re: Best source for screws for a Hermes Rocket body?

McMaster Carr

01-7-2019 13:25:07  #3

Hi Ivan

As Hermes is made in Switzerland, you can guarantee that all fasteners will be metric. You will need to accurately measure the diameter of a good screw and figure out the thread pitch. Metric thread pitches are measured by the distance between 2 adjacent thread crests as opposed to imperial (standard) threads which are measured by threads per inch. Values less than 1 mm are always expressed as a decimal and never as a fraction. Figure out the length of screw you need, then search the site recommended by Jim. Hope this points you in the right direction,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

26-7-2019 16:07:09  #4

A bit late on this but I've found many small fasteners a thttps://www.microfasteners.com

07-8-2019 18:49:30  #5

There is a Gentleman on the Facebook Typewriter repair page who has a bunch of Hermes stuff. I can't remember his name but he may have original screws. He's in Europe I believe.

Time is something you can never get back, use it wisely.

Board footera