You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21-2-2020 11:54:53  #1

FS: 'The Empire' Typewriter

I have 'The Empire' typewriter, serial number 74349, which has been in the family for about 70 years. It has most of its bits but is in poor condition, with some surface rust, and for the last 30 years I've wondered what to do with it, oscillating between consigning it to the tip and doing some work on it myself. I am loth to bin it and would rather find someone who is interested in restoring and collecting vintage typewriters. Is there anyone out there who would like to give it a treasured home ? Haven't worked out how to include image here, but can supply if anyone interested.

21-2-2020 23:30:01  #2

Re: FS: 'The Empire' Typewriter

Hi Jim

Welcome to the forum. Telling us where you are located (country, region or city)  would be a good start. As for posting pictures, read the FAQ's in the Type Talk section, these will give you the how to's and the details. All the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

Board footera