You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26-6-2021 11:48:36  #11

Re: the beauty of the Everest K2 typewriter.

My collection has grown to 28 machines...all of them in very good working order.

I think a Facit T1 is still on my wish-list and I would not turn down a nice Torpedo 18b in QWERTY, either.

Also hope to land a Facit ADDO re-badge someday.  One that looks like this one...

07-1-2024 11:25:46  #12

Since I had the red spray-paint out a couple of days ago...I added a red colour splash to my 1959 Everest K2 portable...as I did on my new-to-me 1954 Princess-Matic.

08-1-2024 07:00:42  #13

Pete E. wrote:

My collection has grown to 28 machines...all of them in very good working order.

I think a Facit T1 is still on my wish-list and I would not turn down a nice Torpedo 18b in QWERTY, either.

Also hope to land a Facit ADDO re-badge someday.  One that looks like this one...

Pete your collection demands a Torpedo 18b.

- Be kind 

17-1-2024 20:15:05  #14

Hey Mike,

I do have this 1964 Torpedo 18s...still made in Germany but when Remington had taken the firm over and started making "Remington" changes to the machine.

I find the broad-metal of the ribbon vibrator/guide a real distraction when I type and use my 18s less and less because of it.  It is hard for me to see what I am typing.

I gave up the hunt for a Torpedo 18b...as it has the same vibrator/guide as my 18s.

18-1-2024 08:35:15  #15

Pete E. wrote:

Hey Mike,

I do have this 1964 Torpedo 18s...still made in Germany but when Remington had taken the firm over and started making "Remington" changes to the machine.

I find the broad-metal of the ribbon vibrator/guide a real distraction when I type and use my 18s less and less because of it.  It is hard for me to see what I am typing.

I gave up the hunt for a Torpedo 18b...as it has the same vibrator/guide as my 18s.

I remember now that you may have mentioned that issue in an earlier discussion. 

My current favorite is a 2-toned blue Rheinmetall KsT. It's a good typer but I leave it out just to look at it. The case was discolored and scratched up so I gave it the Pete restoration treatment. Couldn't do much about the flaking leather handle except blast it with black paint. Each machine shipped with an apple, but rare to find the apple in this condition. 

- Be kind 

18-1-2024 12:28:28  #16

Mike,

I am so jealous.  What a lovely Rheinmetall KsT !  And nice case work, too.

BTW...

I have used leather peel & stick golf club wraps for such flaky handles.  I get it at my local pro shop and look for the kind that has the adhesive strip along one side of the back.

18-1-2024 16:13:03  #17

Pete E. wrote:

Mike,

I am so jealous.  What a lovely Rheinmetall KsT !  And nice case work, too.

BTW...

I have used leather peel & stick golf club wraps for such flaky handles.  I get it at my local pro shop and look for the kind that has the adhesive strip along one side of the back.

What a great idea.

- Be kind 

18-1-2024 18:03:27  #18

mikeytap wrote:

Pete E. wrote:

What a great idea.

Agreed! Very nice idea, Pete.

Board footera