You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17-8-2016 12:28:42  #991

Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Fleetwing wrote:

I trust you'll name it "Countess Maritsa"?

Embarrassed to say that I'm not familiar with that work despite being an opera fan.

There are a number of interesting associations with Maritsa (Maritza), this ONE being the most colloquial, but I'm sure the model name was inspired by the river that flows through Plovdiv, Bulgaria where the typewriter was manufactured. There was a Maritsa 11 model which preceded this one that still used the Princess case; it would certainly be nice to find one of those as well.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

17-8-2016 13:05:47  #992

Well, there's a big difference between opera and operetta -- I'm also a fan of the former but not really knowledgeable about the latter.

Will be interested to read your impressions of the machine.

26-8-2016 10:09:17  #993

Here's a photograph of my Olivetti Lettera 32 which just arrived this morning. Insanely pleased with my purchase, and I'd like to (smugly) point out this photograph was taken without any prior cleaning or maintenance work! The seller listed it as being in perfect working order, and truly this feels like a machine that has just left the factory. There is no damage to its flawless blue paint, nor any rusting inside. It types like a dream and has already become the firm favourite of my little collection!

Currently the proud owner of...
Imperial 2002     -     Blick Universal     -     Olivetti Lettera 32     -     Hermes Ambassador

Dreaming of...
Hermes 3000     -     Royal Quiet De Luxe     -     Imperial Good Companion    -     Smith Corona Silent-Super     -     Royal FP

31-8-2016 05:03:51  #994

Lovely! I thought I just didn't like L32s and then I got one like that. It's just a dream. Now for a pica one... !

07-9-2016 08:05:36  #995

I recently added this one to my small collection. It was "Made in Holland" it says, which makes it more appealing to me personally.

07-9-2016 09:55:07  #996

I can't see your pic Schop

07-9-2016 11:01:51  #997

Spazmelda wrote:

I can't see your pic Schop

Neither can I. It's a bad link, so there's nothing I can do to fix it. 

(Schop, send me the link to the photo in a private message and I'll fix your post.)

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

07-9-2016 11:49:12  #998

I picked up a couple of typewriters this weekend.  Here's one I'm very excited about:

Not all that amazing or anything, but look at the typeface!

07-9-2016 13:50:42  #999

Oooh! I like that very much. But Uwe said somewhere that this typeface (Gothic?) might be tough to read over a longer document, and I think I see his point. Maybe it's the single-line spacing. Still, this is Very Cool indeed!

What is the text, by the way?

07-9-2016 14:01:55  #1000

Fleetwing wrote:

Oooh! I like that very much. But Uwe said somewhere that this typeface (Gothic?) might be tough to read over a longer document, and I think I see his point. Maybe it's the single-line spacing. Still, this is Very Cool indeed!

What is the text, by the way?

The text is from a book I was reading called King of Thorns, the 2nd book in a trilogy. Very good book btw.

Board footera