You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07-9-2016 16:00:23  #1001

Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

The book must be by a British author -- "practised." Also, I only saw two errors (spacing) -- bravo!

07-9-2016 16:51:33  #1002

Fleetwing wrote:

Uwe said somewhere that this typeface (Gothic?) might be tough to read over a longer document, and I think I see his point.

Yes. Smith-Corona called it Gothic, but Olympia called it Double Gothic, I assume because it the upper and lower case typeface was identical except for size.

To each his own - your results might vary - personally I find it very difficult to read pages filled with uppercase text. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

07-9-2016 19:24:54  #1003

Fleetwing wrote:

The book must be by a British author -- "practised." Also, I only saw two errors (spacing) -- bravo!

Thanks! I didn't even check for errors, I just wanted to see what a page looked like.  Seems I won't be sending Uwe any long letters written on this one, lol.  I seem to gravitate towards trying to collect less common typefaces.

07-9-2016 20:18:05  #1004

Great machine.  The caps look a little low, but that will be a straightforward adjustment, I should think.  What is the CPI? - looks smallish.  Certainly a 'keeper'!

Sincerely,
beak.

07-9-2016 20:59:34  #1005

Oops, I see my picture wasn't showing before. Here is my newest addition, a Remington Travel-Riter. It has a special meaning to me because it was "Made in Holland".

08-9-2016 12:19:17  #1006

Spazmelda wrote:

Seems I won't be sending Uwe any long letters written on this one, lol.  I seem to gravitate towards trying to collect less common typefaces. 

Less common typefaces are definitely fun to find, but I've found that once you start using them it becomes obvious why they are less common. My Grail machine is one with a Fraktur typeface - I've been looking for one for years without any success - and although I have a practical application in mind for it I certainly wouldn't send anyone a long letter with that machine either.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

08-9-2016 12:21:37  #1007

Schop wrote:

Oops, I see my picture wasn't showing before. 

It still isn't showing. There are instructions for posting images in this thread. If you need assistance just send me a PM (private message).

08-9-2016 13:26:28  #1008

Funny, I saw the picture this morning, but now it's gone

09-9-2016 12:49:30  #1009

Okay then, if this doesn't work I'm throwing in the towel:

11-9-2016 13:02:23  #1010

Hurrah!! Clear as day! :D 

Board footera