You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04-7-2014 14:34:57  #131


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Wonderful! I would love to find one like that. It looks great, and what a fine machine for a first typewriter.

 

09-7-2014 06:37:04  #132


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Hermes 2000 - this one dated 1954.
Finally found one locally at a reasonable price - and what a sweet little machine it is!  After a clean and lube, and some adjustment to space bar, I think this is going to be a very impressive typer.  Do grab one if you have the chance; I don't think you'll be disappointed.  This one has full French charachters as well as the German ones. 

Last edited by beak (10-7-2014 01:48:41)


Sincerely,
beak.
 
 

09-7-2014 09:08:06  #133


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

beak wrote:

Hermes 2000 - this one dated 1933.

What's the serial number on that machine?

     •Thread Starter
 

09-7-2014 19:19:51  #134


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

2011321 - which the Hermes database site gives as 1933



ETA see below - that's 1954

Last edited by beak (10-7-2014 01:49:23)


Sincerely,
beak.
 
 

09-7-2014 21:34:59  #135


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

I don't know what the Hermes database is, but that serial number would indicate that you have a 1950 model, which is why I asked. 1933 was the first production year for the 2000; not only doesn't your machine look to be that old, but the first 2000 models had individual ribbon covers, which yours doesn't have.

     •Thread Starter
 

09-7-2014 22:03:36  #136


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

I just bought a 1947 Royal Quiet De Luxe for $40. I talked the seller down from $65. Got this from craig's list. Clean as a one brand new out of the box.

Last edited by guitarmasta12 (09-7-2014 22:05:06)

 

10-7-2014 01:44:33  #137


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Uwe wrote:

I don't know what the Hermes database is, but that serial number would indicate that you have a 1950 model, which is why I asked. 1933 was the first production year for the 2000; not only doesn't your machine look to be that old, but the first 2000 models had individual ribbon covers, which yours doesn't have.

It seems clear enough here - is this info wrong?
http://typewriterdatabase.com/hermes.82.typewriter-serial-number-database

ETA
AKKKK now I see that there are two '2000' models indicated - one of which would be 1954 - that's very confusing!

Last edited by beak (10-7-2014 01:47:44)


Sincerely,
beak.
 
 

10-7-2014 13:12:19  #138


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

The models from the '30s have serial numbers in the 20,000 range. Your machine is in the 2,000,000 range. And your machine - unless you typed the wrong serial number in your previous post - is from 1950.

     •Thread Starter
 

10-7-2014 21:37:30  #139


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Got it - my mistake.


Sincerely,
beak.
 
 

11-7-2014 15:17:21  #140


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

beak wrote:

Hermes 2000 - this one dated 1954.
Finally found one locally at a reasonable price - and what a sweet little machine it is!  After a clean and lube, and some adjustment to space bar, I think this is going to be a very impressive typer.  Do grab one if you have the chance; I don't think you'll be disappointed.  This one has full French charachters as well as the German ones. 

Really like the look of this one!

 

Board footera