You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09-8-2017 00:48:58  #1421

Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Wow great pick up
$30 for noiseless 7
That's the dream.

Like Oliver's, mineseems to have a pretty shoddy imprint...
Of course it could just be ribbon/platen

09-8-2017 00:50:27  #1422

Markmo

IMGUR  is what I've been using since Photobucket shut down.
It's actually really fast and easy to use through the app, but  usually when I upload new photos I'll have to delete a few because you can't keep as many on the server.

09-8-2017 13:01:43  #1423

I recently acquired a 1935 Remington Portable 5, streamlined. It's in decent shape, save for the feed rollers and the dirt and dust on the inside. The back rollers have some flat spots, but the front rollers are shaped just like this, minus the eyes (I've always wanted to find a way to use this emoji): 

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -- Ernest Hemingway

09-8-2017 13:41:27  #1424

That´s Alan Wake´s typewriter, if I´m not mistaken! I really want one of these, but these are hard to find in Spain...

But look at what´s popped ut at home today:

A Bennett! The embodiment of the term "trinket". Unusable even in perfect condition (and this one is not half bad, excluding the missing paper bail), but who doesn´t want one? In addition, this little vermin has an undecipherable keyboard layout. Looks like a mutated AZERTY. Following the s/n, it must be a 1913 unit, with a quite late serial.

TaktaktataktaktakcluccluctaktaktaktaktakDINGtaktaktaktakCREEEEEEEEECtaktaktak...

(Olivetti Linea 98)

09-8-2017 15:23:18  #1425

Javi wrote:

That´s Alan Wake´s typewriter, if I´m not mistaken! I really want one of these, but these are hard to find in Spain...

Interesting, I wasn't even aware of this game--I may have to check it out. Apparently, he uses a couple of typewriters, including an Olympia and a Corona Silent. The game makes sort of an oblique reference to the Olympia in one of the achievements that involves an Olympia shotgun.

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -- Ernest Hemingway

09-8-2017 15:52:06  #1426

It is a MASTERPIECE! If you like horror literature you'll find endless references to Stephen King (mainly, MAINEly) and many others. Sadly, the second part was scrapped after the horrid abomination that was Alan Wake: American Nightmare.

TaktaktataktaktakcluccluctaktaktaktaktakDINGtaktaktaktakCREEEEEEEEECtaktaktak...

(Olivetti Linea 98)

09-8-2017 21:47:15  #1427

Javi wrote:

But look at what´s popped ut at home today:

A Bennett! The embodiment of the term "trinket". Unusable even in perfect condition (and this one is not half bad, excluding the missing paper bail), but who doesn´t want one? In addition, this little vermin has an undecipherable keyboard layout. Looks like a mutated AZERTY. Following the s/n, it must be a 1913 unit, with a quite late serial.

Looks basically the same as the one I missed out on a couple of weeks ago. I'm interested to hear how it works for you -- the spools and ribbon are a nonstandard size, I think?

11-8-2017 09:56:51  #1428

The ribbon looks normal to me... But for sure the spools aren't. They're way smaller. Thing is I can't fathom how anyone could deplete a ribbon typing in a Bennett. You'd had better luck in kissing a boar to death (like Sporty)

(Olivetti Linea 98)

15-8-2017 18:11:28  #1429

Just picked this beauty up for $30.Probably the most mechanically and cosmetically intact typewriter I have ever come across (cover notwithstanding). Everything is 100%.If anything were to give my Erica 8 a run for it's money, it might be this. 
Blown away by the experience. So clean and smooth. 

15-8-2017 18:12:20  #1430

Board footera