You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21-5-2015 08:01:56  #161


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Mech, it has a bit of a reputation preceding it - and I know Beak says his Alpina is his pride and joy. So I have high hopes of it as a typer. There';s a video online of soeone typing on an identical, but AMC-branded, one, and it seems like the absolute dream. I just never thought I'd find one for such an affordable price; it seemed foolish to pass it up.

 

21-5-2015 10:48:12  #162


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

KatLondon: Let us know what you think of your Alpina once it arrives - does it live up to its reputation? I did a search on US eBay for Alpina /AMC typewriters and there are none currently offered in the US. It's probably something we don't see in the States all that often.

 

25-5-2015 12:32:17  #163


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Since I have come to this forum, I've acquired the folowing:  a Remington Rand 17, a Royal FP, two Royal QDLs (one is white), a Smith-Corona Coronet Super 12, and I just won a Royal Arrow on eBay. I hope to get pictures up eventually.


Smith Premier typewriters are cool!
 

25-5-2015 12:38:06  #164


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

I think you might have a small problem...  

Maybe joining this forum wasn't such a good decision! 

     •Thread Starter
 

25-5-2015 13:27:40  #165


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

At least 3 of them came from my parents' basement!


Smith Premier typewriters are cool!
 

25-5-2015 13:34:40  #166


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Just bought yet another remington standard 10. This one is a factory re built model. Bought for $35.


Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!
 

27-5-2015 05:34:00  #167


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Here is a better couple of picture of my two most recent acquisitions. 

 

27-5-2015 08:04:15  #168


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Having fun with this early '90s Olympia Carina 2 that I just got for $30. It was made in Japan by Nakajima for Olympia, and although it was definitely built to a budget, it's a decent typewriter that would be suitable for home use.

 

     •Thread Starter
 

27-5-2015 20:30:08  #169


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

The styling on that one is pretty attractive.  It's plastic, yes?

 

28-5-2015 11:49:40  #170


Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Yes, plastic, and on closer inspection it all looks rather cheap next to a solid metal machine from the '50s. However, it types well enough, and if you squint - and drink some nice spiced rum - you can see similar styling cues that were used for the SM9 and SF De Luxe models.

     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera