You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-5-2015 12:35:54  #171

Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Uwe wrote:

and if you squint - and drink some nice spiced rum - you can see similar styling cues that were used for the SM9 and SF De Luxe models.

Since it's the kids first day of the summer, I was planning on doing that tonight anyway.  I'll report back.

28-5-2015 12:45:29  #172

Spazmelda wrote:

Since it's the kids first day of the summer, I was planning on doing that tonight anyway. I'll report back.

Ha, ha! 

It took me a second to get that. For better, or worse, it's almost a daily thing for me - and I don't even have any kids... 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

28-5-2015 12:55:38  #173

colrehogan wrote:

Since I have come to this forum, I've acquired the folowing:  a Remington Rand 17, a Royal FP, two Royal QDLs (one is white), a Smith-Corona Coronet Super 12, and I just won a Royal Arrow on eBay. I hope to get pictures up eventually.

I forgot there is a Royal QDL (green keys) that is also coming to me.  Darn that ebay!

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

28-5-2015 13:09:46  #174

So... How many does that make for you colrehogan? I think when you start forgetting typewriters that you ordered things are starting to get dangerous!

28-5-2015 13:16:50  #175

7.  And there is still the Royal Academy in my parrents' basement.  Yet another picture that I need to get posted.

28-5-2015 20:38:07  #176

Today someone gave me a late 1942 Royal KMM with a wide carrige
it mostly works except the basket will not return to the rest position.
Also a few days ago I got a remington 12 & L.C Smith super speed

My blog - Just Typewriters

30-5-2015 14:00:24  #177

Well, my Royal QDL with the green keys arrived today.  No idea what shape it is in since I didn't have time to unpack it before the carpet cleaners arrived.  The box is buried in all the stuff that I had to move so they could get to the carpet.  I had no idea I had so much stuff!!   

30-5-2015 16:28:48  #178

I just opened the box and the case and the typewriter looks to be in great shape! The serial number is RA-2977658.  If the case is supposed to be gray, this one is a gold brown color.  This is the Royal QDL w/ the green keys.

Looks like it is from 1954.

And there was a typewriter eraser brush and the key to the case was in there too.

Last edited by colrehogan (30-5-2015 20:25:51)

31-5-2015 13:05:41  #179

That sounds wonderful! Do you mean the case, or the body? The case is a golden-brown tweedy, suitcase-like thing, yes? TIf you mean the body, I'd try cleaning it. You might have just got one of those typers that's coated inside and out with nicotine...

Still sounds very exciting! 

And by the way, I weas just reading this blog post which addresses some issues you've brought up recently... read the comments, too. There's a couple at the end (from the same person, maybe it didn't go through first time) about typing technique.

31-5-2015 13:14:26  #180

I meant the case.  Will check the link.  Thanks.

Board footera