You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09-12-2015 20:09:28  #541

Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

11-12-2015 00:10:15  #542

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

11-12-2015 10:51:11  #543

TypewriterGuy wrote:

Recent machines:
Corona 4 (Receiving tomorrow, found on craigslist)
Royal Safari (Same)
Unknown, either a Corona 4 or Royal Safari. The seller told me he has 3, but can't send photos of the last one. Told me that it is the same as one of them. I NEED TO KNOWWWW!!!!

I used to own a Corona 4. Ahh, they're such beautiful, flawless machines. Congratulations on your recent purchases. Even if you only end up receiving one Corona 4, that's still one more than I own right now!

As for my recent acquisitions, I've committed to buying a Remington Standard 12 - very dusty and presumably non-functional given the price - will pick it up tomorrow morning and post a picture when I can. I hope to do my first full restoration on this typewriter.

11-12-2015 18:12:36  #544

The guy had to cancel the day I was supposed to get them, and told me if I can meet tomorrow, now he's not responding...

Back from a long break.

12-12-2015 00:16:37  #545

TypewriterGuy wrote:

The guy had to cancel the day I was supposed to get them, and told me if I can meet tomorrow, now he's not responding...

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you haven't been swindled out of your money.

Looks like I had better luck than you... I got myself a Remington Standard 12 this morning. Dated April 1925.

Frankly, it's in terrible condition. All the letter hammers are rusted in place, the carriage won't budge, the glass key heads are cracked, the paint is lifting off, one of the feet is missing, and a family of spiders has moved in. But it was cheap, and I like a challenge. If anyone has any advice on repainting a glossy black enamel or sourcing replacement decals, I'll post in Maintenance & Repairs soon.

13-12-2015 08:14:09  #546

THAT is a repainter....

Also, heres a photo of my new (sigh. I wish) Corona Four. All ready for cleaning! The photo of my Royal Custom is in the portable section.

Back from a long break.

13-12-2015 08:14:50  #547

Oh, and the rubber for the typeslugs to rest on broke as soon as I touched it, so I replaced it with felt.

Back from a long break.

13-12-2015 08:42:43  #548

TypewriterGuy wrote:

THAT is a repainter....

Worth the AU $5, though.

Your Corona makes me wince with memories. Why oh why did I ever sell mine?

13-12-2015 09:03:06  #549

Replacement decals... There's a guy in the Netherlands who makes great ones.  His name is Paul... something.  Here is his etsy page.  You can contact him directly through the etsy page and he will probably complete the transaction through email.  He is super nice and made some great custom decals for my Royal Royalite.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TypewriterDecalShop

13-12-2015 09:16:45  #550

Thank you so much, Spazmelda. I really appreciate your help.

Board footera