You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18-1-2016 11:07:11  #661

Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Thant is gorgous Mr. E! Can you show us a type sample?

I just posted pics of my most recent acquisition in the Standard sub forum.

18-1-2016 13:08:29  #662

Spazmelda wrote:

Thant is gorgous Mr. E! Can you show us a type sample?

I just posted pics of my most recent acquisition in the Standard sub forum.

Yes I can

My blog - Just Typewriters

19-1-2016 23:55:57  #663

Spazmelda wrote:

Are they putting a new platen on? I just sent 3 platens and a feed roller out for recovering by JJ Short.  That's going to be a hefty bill when it comes.

No, they are going to "take it down" so it will hold paper better.  He said it should be done on Thursday.  I'm looking forward to getting it back.  Maybe he will be able to find a paper finger for the left side in their basement.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

20-1-2016 09:13:55  #664

Aurgh! Ebay got me. Olivetti Invicta with some special characters. Hope it arrives in one piece. Just when I said "No more." Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

20-1-2016 09:34:09  #665

malole wrote:

Aurgh! Ebay got me. Olivetti Invicta with some special characters. Hope it arrives in one piece. Just when I said "No more." Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Ha, is anyone here surprised?  Um... no.

20-1-2016 11:27:16  #666

colrehogan wrote:

they are going to "take it down" so it will hold paper better.

In other words they're going to sand the platen. Giving a platen a light sanding to make it less smooth is one thing, but in my mind "taking it down" implies altering the platen's overall diameter, which would be a very bad thing as it would negatively effect the type slug clearances.  

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

21-1-2016 00:21:23  #667

Yes basically.  That was the term he used.  I trust that they know what they are doinng.

I've been using the Olympia SM-9 in the meanwhile.  The guy reattached the spring on the carriage return lever while I waited.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

27-1-2016 20:47:55  #668

Picked up this beauty for $5 the other day at a house I was installing a radon system in that also happened to be having an estate sale. Cleaned it up a bit after the photo was taken and slapped a new ribbon in for good measure. The typing is great and all the bells and whistles still work so very happy with my investment! Talk about "Jeweled Escapement"!! ohh, la, la!

27-1-2016 22:14:16  #669

Yes, those are really nice typewriters, and very good looking, I think. I have an earlier version of the Classic 12, without the half space or power space. Rescued it from a dumpster! No case, but a plastic cover.

28-1-2016 15:11:47  #670

Love the Classic 12 - with or without the jewelled escapement. Anything special about its two Changeable Type keys? All the ones I have came with standard characters.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera