You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29-5-2021 11:05:50  #1

(NLR) WTB: Mainspring for 2A- series Smith-Corona

Greetings All

Does anyone have a 2A- 2C- or 2S- series Smith-Corona that they are parting out? A fellow typewriter enthusiast is in need of the just the metal ribbon or the complete assembly which ever would be easiest. Thanks and all the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

11-6-2021 00:44:35  #2

Re: (NLR) WTB: Mainspring for 2A- series Smith-Corona

Greetings All

Just received a note from the fellow who was in search of a mainspring. He was able to obtain a mainspring drum assembly from a non-repairable Eaton Viking (Smith-Corona) unit and transplant the spring from the donor machine's drum into the drum of his 2S- Smith-Corona as per suggestion of Duane at Phoenix Typewriter, and the machine works perfectly. Guess that's one advantage of the same part being used in generations of typewriters from a particular manufacturer. Stay safe and all the best,

Sky 

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

Board footera