You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21-6-2021 08:01:57  #1

Facit Electric - Model Number ???

Would anyone know the model designation for this portable Facit electric from the 1970's ?

Did a search here and on the TWDB and could not find one.

It is tagged as "Made In Sweden" on its bottom panel.

21-6-2021 08:33:13  #2

Re: Facit Electric - Model Number ???

Learned watchmaker and office machine enthusiast from Germany.

21-6-2021 09:40:27  #4

Hello Maschinengeschrieben,

Thank you so much for this very useful information.  I appreciate your time in presenting it.

Facit 1840 - This one will be in my home in a week or so. 

I made sure the electricals are designed for 110 volts, 60 hz.  Our power standard here in the USA.

22-6-2021 11:09:40  #5

I am planning to give the machine's ribbon cover a bit of a repaint in an ivory/cream color. 

This machine really reminds me of an orange & cream popsicle treat.

03-7-2021 08:00:33  #6

Facit 1840 Electric...

New to our home. A 1972-1973 Facit 1840 electric. Made in Sweden.

My "popsicle" machine. Since it is a Facit, it had to come home. I am usually not a fan of plastic bodies and electrics...but this one seduced me.

It is a bit heavy at 24.0 lbs. without its case weight. Case took some cleaning up and polishing.

I added a splash of cream-ivory color just for fun.

It is VERY quiet, runs well, fast and smooth. I do have to sort-out the back-space key(s) not working.

03-7-2021 08:18:17  #7

Looks like a delicious treat on a hot day.

03-7-2021 11:58:54  #8

I hope you kept the dealer sticker!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-7-2021 13:25:11  #9

Hi Uwe,

Yes I did.  Moved it to the inside of the removal back panel with a bit of sticky glue..

I also got the owner's plastic engraved ID badge with bead-chain.  It had her full name and one time address living in IL State.  She is still very much alive.  That is inside the case.  I think I have her current address and typed up a short note and put it in the mail...to let her know what became of her old machine.  Note was typed on her machine.

03-7-2021 13:28:26  #10

Interesting...this machine has 2 small nylon roller wheels at the bottom panel but at the back of the machine.  It allows you to tilt the machine up and move it forward/backwards on your desk.  Very handy and seemingly Swedish to think of such a detail.  The wheels were initially gummed-up and not moving...but denatured alcohol took care of that.

Board footera