You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30-8-2021 20:45:40  #11

Re: Facit Electric - Model Number ???

Update :  The original owner of this Facit 1840 sent me an email reply to my type-written note I mailed out.

She was pleased to know here old machine is again doing work and being taken care of.

01-9-2021 07:36:11  #12

Update on the back space function not working...

Based on some other photos in sales ad for a 1840 or 1845, seems like the back-space not working is common.  I think a plastic gear comes apart and a small pull/push rod is lost and then the function is lost.

I do not use back-space much and on this machine it can be accomplished by just pushing the carriage with your left finger to go back to a certain space if you need.

So I decided not to try to chase down a parts-machine to fix the problems.

13-2-2022 16:32:24  #13

Well...eBay had a Model 1845 (sister machine of my orange Model 1840) with an opening bid of $ 5 and shipping only $ 25.  Only difference seems to be the plastic cowlings.

No one else bid...so it is on its way to my home.  This 1845 may or may not work as the seller did not have a power cord.

If it is trash, I am hoping I can harvest the missing back-space mechanism for my Model 1840 and other spare parts.

My luck, it will work perfectly and it too has the missing back-space mechanism. Fingers crossed.

But I could not pass it up...

23-2-2022 10:33:32  #14

Unfortunately, this parts machine arrived DOA.  Motor is fried, and the parts needed to make the back-space function work on my orange-colored Facit 1840 were also missing on this 1845.

It did yield lots of springs, nuts, screws, washers, main-spring, air-brake, and lots of other plastic parts as spares for my 1840 machine. 

Still worth the $ 25 total.  It was a good gamble.

Board footera