You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23-12-2015 00:56:44  #101

Re: Best laugh in typewriter ads

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1920s-Royal-Typewriter-10-Beveled-Glass-Side-Windows-Glossy-Black-Steampunk-/311508645149

From afar, it looks like a normal typewriter listing (ok, the price is high, but seemingly nothing unusual). But take your time to examine the photos, the one with close up photo of paper support - you will notice decals are printed on a glossy paper, and glued to paper support, I guess a new creative idea about getting worn decals back.

So far about description "decals are great". 

Heavily infected with typewriter aquisition syndrome... Please help!

23-12-2015 09:22:30  #102

It could have been worse I suppose, and at least the other ones are original. Many an original decal was destroyed by contemporary buyers who don't realise that you can't just give the entire machine a good scrubbing to make it pretty and worth more.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

20-1-2016 16:19:49  #103

Credit goes to Valiant for finding this gem and sending it to me. Any brush collectors out there? I'd hate to see how much he'd ask for an actual typewriter!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

31-1-2016 02:10:20  #104

I have seen this gem floating around on eBay for a while.

[img]]http://i.imgur.com/Vt9VHF4.jpg[/img]

31-1-2016 07:46:10  #105

Ive seen that too. The only real difference I see in it is that it has a different body shape, maybe because it was made for india?

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

31-1-2016 14:05:44  #106

What a sad little machine, missing keys, and some replaced with those from a 1950s machine. Sad typewriter, but funny ad. I thought mine was in rough shape, and wasn't too keen on spending $50 on it either, but it looks like a gem in comparison.

TypewriterGuy wrote:

The only real difference I see in it is that it has a different body shape, maybe because it was made for india?

​Different in what way? It looks like a normal Remington Model 1 to me.

31-1-2016 14:08:11  #107

Now that I look at photos again of one in good condition, its the same. Probably I thought that cause the entire thing is scratches and missing paint.

Back from a long break.

31-1-2016 15:25:26  #108

Back from a long break.

31-1-2016 17:51:54  #109

Oh look, another "rare" typewriter.

​The M40 isn't rare, but maybe one with a Czech keyboard is? Too bad the seller didn't explain why he thinks it's a rare typewriter; considering his outrageous asking price it's the least he could have done.

31-1-2016 20:20:21  #110

I always hate it when there's "RARE!" in the title, but absolutely no reason why in the description. Funnier still is when said description is only a sentence fragment long.

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

Board footera