You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-3-2016 18:50:55  #151

Re: Best laugh in typewriter ads

Is that a joke?!?!??!

I hope so...

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

28-3-2016 21:44:50  #152

thetypewriterman wrote:

You've got to look at this

That's brilliant! Even the ad heading, that it was an "antic" was funny. I assume he meant antique? It's not cheap mind you, but I would have bought it for display purposes.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-4-2016 23:19:28  #153

thetypewriterman wrote:

You've got to look at this:     http://en.shpock.com/i/Vhz5-3xtg2d9dmL9/    Just a few kys missing, still has ink - a really easy restoration 

It looks like they raised that one from the "Titanic."

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

06-4-2016 23:20:45  #154

Apparently the seller must have thought World War II lasted until at least 1957.
I remember a long time ago seeing promos of a movie called, "My Favorite Year."  It was set in 1954, but I clearly saw in one of the office scenes a Royal FP, which didn't come into existence until 1957 (or could it have been late 1956?).

06-4-2016 23:22:07  #155

beak wrote:

Oh those Royal FPs - gotta get one someday!

You'll have to put one of your new magnetic "rabbit ear antennae" paper rests on it.

06-4-2016 23:34:05  #156

To me, rare is kind of a relative term.  Keep in mind I don't get around very much.  I have never heard of an Alpina until I came on this forum.  Now I want to find one.  I have a Consul portable, which for a long time I had considered rare, but I have been seeing a few more of them lately.  But I can tell you one machine that I can almost guarantee IS rare--a Remington Statesman electric upright typewriter.  It was Remington's version of an IBM Executive--proportionally spaced and all.  I had ONE.  I think there were about three altogether around this area of Texas at one time.  It must have been made about the latter fifties.  I wish I had kept it, if for no other reason, but a curiosity.  It was like one of their standard electric typewriters--about as reliable--good for about half a page between tuneups.  Plus, since it was an escapement wheel machine (as opposed to the interposers used on an Executive, which I think I owned most of them that came through Waco, and still have one or two left I'm going to fix up someday), it had to choose how much space it allowed for each letter, so it was slow.  I guess it was for that reason it was not popular.

06-4-2016 23:37:16  #157

mre12ax7 wrote:

TypewriterGuy wrote:

Oh my...

I have lost all hope....

I get regular keys.... but, TOUCH TYPING KEYS?!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/49-very-worn-typewriter-keys-tombstone-style-black-backing-chrome-trim-/351651365790?hash=item51e00e039e:g:KwgAAOSwQPlV8flP

Whats worse?
Chopping that or a 6cpi L.C smith Super-Speed (early style).

What's worse is that Scabs the Keychopper may still be out there today preying on hapless typewriters!!

06-4-2016 23:44:36  #158

Board footera