You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29-4-2015 22:02:47  #21

Re: Best laugh in typewriter ads

This is too much: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Underwood-Leader-Typewriter-Green-Gold-Green-Bay-Packers-W-Case-NICE-/281558083931?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item418e2b695b

Yup, looks like a Packers fan has gone bonkers on a typewriter. There are so many things wrong with this machine, it's amusing. It is especially funny considering this is supposed to be a sort of "restoration".

Check out those professional decals! The "Underwood Corporation" one on the back is funny enough, but in the 8th photo you can see the Packers logo... backwards!

Oh, and it's missing it's left platen knob. Yeah...

29-4-2015 23:21:47  #22

Spazmelda wrote:

Here's a new listing I ran across today:

That seller has been using that mannequin to sell typewriters for quite a while now, and yeah, it's purely to grab your attention as you browse through auctions. It works the opposite way too as it makes it easier for me to ignore his auctions.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

30-4-2015 17:27:43  #23

I've seen the Packers typewriter for awhile now, and if I was into football, or a big Packers fan, I might consider it. But since I don't watch football, nor do I care for the Packers, I think I'd pass on it

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

09-5-2015 18:26:49  #24

How about this gorgeous stack of pancakes here.  At least they are not asking $260. It's got a Russian keyboard, but still...

10-5-2015 00:17:11  #25

Spazmelda wrote:

At least they are not asking $260.

That's an Optima Elite 2 that would have been made in the former Olympia plant in Erfurt, which at the time was in East Germany (no surprise then that it has a Russian keyboard!). I can't believe the claim that it works, but needs "lubrication". When you look at the photos you can see that everything is covered in shag rust. And the ribbon colour selector, along with the ribbon cover, is completely missing. I'd give someone local $5 for it, just for fun, and the challenge of bringing it back to life, but $95? Madness. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

10-5-2015 08:47:56  #26

Uwe, I saw you had posted, and i was half convinced you were going to tell me it was priceless in any condition for some esoteric typewriter reason. Lol.  Yeah, I find it hard to believe it would work in any capacity with all that rust.  Poor thing!

10-5-2015 10:28:24  #27

Given some typewriter pricing, most machines being sold are not only extremely rare, but also priceless from the seller's perspective.  This one is comical though - and it was a good find for this thread - because it looks like it was just dug up from a landfill site, or spent the last ten years in a farmer's field. 

10-5-2015 10:38:29  #28

I've seen another one.  I'll have to dig up.  It was listed locally on Craigslist for a long time, but I saw it on ebay just the other day.  I'll edit my post if I can find it.

Right, so here it is.  It's been on Craigslist for oh... A couple of months a least. No bites there, I assume. And yes, it is missing the ribbon cover. On Craigslist the seller was willing to let it go for $315, so quite a bargain!

P.S. I'm sick today and don't feel like doing anything. That's why I'm posting inane things all over the board.

Last edited by Spazmelda (10-5-2015 10:50:38)

10-5-2015 14:57:20  #29

Hope you're feeling better soon...

Those are nice standards to type with, but also a model that I typically find for sale in the $20-$50 range. I once bought a "two-pack" of Underwood Touch-Masters for $20 from a dealer who was just happy to get rid of them.

12-5-2015 21:06:35  #30

Question about the underwood... Is it missing the ribbon covers, or is that how they came?

Board footera