You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-10-2015 15:39:01  #81

Re: Best laugh in typewriter ads

While that price is obviously silly, I do kind of like that paint job...

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -- Ernest Hemingway

15-10-2015 15:41:38  #82

I love the description: "type writer at least 100 years old" 

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -- Ernest Hemingway

11-12-2015 12:58:54  #83

tricnomistal wrote:

I love the description: "type writer at least 100 years old" 

That's a Remington KMC, which if I'm not mistaken, was only produced in 1939. You've got to admire the effort they put into researching their $600 wreck of a machine.

Fortunately, I saw the same typewriter listed for the same price a year ago. It warms my heart knowing nobody has fallen for their scheme.

11-12-2015 17:32:09  #84

tojeem wrote:

that's a Remington KMC, which if I'm not mistaken, was only produced in 1939.

The KMC was introduced in 1946, and I believe it was in production until 1950 when the Super-Riter replaced it.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

11-12-2015 19:28:39  #85

Uwe wrote:

The KMC was introduced in 1946, and I believe it was in production until 1950 when the Super-Riter replaced it.

Oh. Here I was criticising someone's ability to research, and I fail to deliver the goods myself!

Haha, thanks for the information.

11-12-2015 19:57:01  #86

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

11-12-2015 23:01:56  #87

Thank you for reminding me. Someone not far from me is advertising one of these machines of $20 (no, NOT custom painted). I shall see if it is possible to pick it up tomorrow morning, and who knows, I might paint it...

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

12-12-2015 00:56:29  #88

Tell us how the painting goes if you do it!

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

12-12-2015 07:00:32  #89

Yep, I think Im going to do an Olympia maroon. Again, next spring when its warmer.
Sorry for off topic!

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

14-12-2015 23:05:59  #90

ztyper wrote:

Tell us how the painting goes if you do it!

Delicate Craigslist negotiations fell through: got as far as texts and first names and a meeting time when I asked "Is that a walk up" which was apparently off, since no more replies! Not sure if this was subtly insulting or threatening.

On the other hand, seriously thinking about painting a typewriter, I've noticed the number of different finished surfaces the average typewriter has, and the amount of disassembly required to spray paint them all, and decided this may be a project more amusing in concept than execution.

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

Board footera