You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20-6-2022 11:00:12  #11

Re: In-Coming ADDO Model 621 (Facit)...

I love seeing corrected serial number stamps - it's a weird thing I know - and I'm always happy to get a machine that has one. In a way it sums up typewriters in general; oops, made a mistake, I'll just type over my error. 

As for the number itself, keep in mind that the Database is not complete or absolute. I have one '70s Facit with a serial number in the seven millions. And many other Facits used prefixes to indicate model type. The extra digit could be a digital model code, or just a change in the company's serial number system in the '70s.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

20-6-2022 11:58:17  #12

"  In a way it sums up typewriters in general; oops, made a mistake, I'll just type over my error. "

That's funny. 

With German pistols...we would joke about the effects of too drinking too much schnapps the night before.

20-6-2022 14:44:03  #13

I have seen some botched numbers that had a little more effort in the correction. On those the mistake was ground out before it was restamped, again much like typing errors but in this case going to the effort of using correction tape.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

20-6-2022 17:03:05  #14

A ground-off serial number is a common (though not guaranteed) sign of a stolen unit. Striking over some of the numerals is a more clever disguise.

08-10-2022 13:38:35  #15

On Etsy...a Poland-made clone of what looks to be an ADDO machine.

Seller indicates its a clone of a Facit 1620, but the colors and the platen knob design makes it look more like an ADDO.

The typewriter, offered, has a wide carriage as well.  No Tab functions, at all, though.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1268566801/lucznik-1303-typewriter-facit-1620-clone?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=facit+typewriter&ref=sr_gallery-1-21&organic_search_click=1

09-10-2022 14:08:12  #16

I guess the person applying the decals had one leg shorter than the other (more than normal that is); every decal on the machine appears to be slanted downward to the right. It's not a reassuring quality control sign when you can't even correctly line up a decal. 

Board footera