You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01-2-2022 14:36:15  #1

Early Olympia Electric Standard...???

Early SGE Electric...?

Found this machine on the following web site. Indicated to be a 1950's electric SGE.

Anyone seen more of these ?

https://oztypewriter.blogspot.com/.../50-great-ladies-45....

01-2-2022 15:59:06  #2

Re: Early Olympia Electric Standard...???

Based on the features that I can see, and without digging into it further, it looks like a '59-'60 SGE 30 to me.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-2-2022 12:47:10  #3

Thanks Uwe,

I had no idea that electrics came out with body construction looking quite similar to the manual SG1's...except without the typical "lift off" ribbon cover.

I did notice electrics listed on the TWDB as early as 1958...

02-2-2022 13:58:30  #4

Interesting. I was under the impression the first model was a '59 after Olympia's acquisition of Brunsviga.

If the Database is correct AND those serial numbers are accurate, it appears that only 53 machines were classified as '58 models. And for several years they were produced in relatively small numbers. The chart you posted doesn't reflect that the first models were the SGE10, SGE20, and SGE30. 

I don't know if any of these were exported at the time, but I've certainly never seen one pop up in my area.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera