You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-2-2022 05:57:55  #1

1961 Murphy B485 Radio

If you have quarter of an hour to spare, this is my mate Steve having fun with a junk shop radio

I wish I was a head light on a north-bound train

08-2-2022 11:11:57  #2

Re: 1961 Murphy B485 Radio

Hi Ian

That radio is the same age as me, yikes I remember tuning into and listening to Radio Luxemburg with my friends back in the mid 1970's. We lived in an old farmhouse in Worcestershire and the best reception was in the south room on the third floor. Great work, looks and sounds awesome. All the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

08-2-2022 11:29:20  #3

Re: 1961 Murphy B485 Radio

Spooky: Steve lives in Worcestershire. 

skywatcher wrote:

Hi Ian

That radio is the same age as me, yikes I remember tuning into and listening to Radio Luxemburg with my friends back in the mid 1970's. We lived in an old farmhouse in Worcestershire and the best reception was in the south room on the third floor. Great work, looks and sounds awesome. All the best,

Sky

I wish I was a head light on a north-bound train

Board footera