You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10-2-2022 13:12:22  #1

Sears Corrector Manual

I just got a Sears Corrector electric typewriter. Works well, needs a cleaning, but no manual.
I have looked at all the databases that I know of, can't find any info or manuals.
The Model # is 40212, the Serial # is D91100751, made from 1978 -1983.
Would anyone have a manual or direct me to one.
Thanks!

11-2-2022 00:27:31  #2

Re: Sears Corrector Manual

Hi Auggie

What is the three digit prefix of the Sears model number? Sears had several different typewriter manufacturers make machines for them over the years and the 3 digit prefix should tell us who manufactured the machine. For example, 161 = Nakajima, 268 = Brother, 747 = Litton, 871 = Smith-Corona and so on. All the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

11-2-2022 06:27:39  #3

Hi Sky,
The first 3 numbers are 402.
Thanks

11-2-2022 09:12:40  #4

I think the Sears Corrector is a Brother JP-10.

11-2-2022 09:55:12  #5

Hi Pete E.
Yes, I think it is too. But, .. I cannot find a manual on-line anywhere, for this Sears or a Brother JP-10. This typewriter has way too many "Power" buttons and features that the good ol' manuals just don't have, or probably need. Still I would like to know how to use the Sears electric. Does anyone have a manual that could be uploaded?
Thanks!

11-2-2022 11:40:42  #6

11-2-2022 12:30:08  #7

Hi Pete,
The seller does not respond to requests from Canada. I'd be happy pay you for a copy of the right manual for the Sears/Brother electric corrector.
Thanks

11-2-2022 13:14:17  #8

Hi Auggie,

I will reach out to the eBay seller.  If they are agreeable, I will purchase the scanned document and send it your way.  I will send a copy of my PayPal payment to you as well.

I will let you know if I hear back from the seller.

11-2-2022 13:26:34  #9

Hi Pete

You'll find that a lot of US based eBay sellers will not deal with us Canadians. One of the main reasons is UPS. UPS does not tell the seller that they will be charging the buyer a $60.00 to $90.00 brokerage and handling fee over and above what the seller has already paid. This causes the buyer to give the seller a negative feed back due to shipping costs, or refuse the package and the seller gets charged the brokerage and handling fee by UPS, and has to refund the seller the purchase and shipping cost. Either way, US sellers always lose when shipping to Canada via UPS.

The other thing that really gets my goat is UPS will quite happily accept a package from the USA with just a PO Box number as an address, but do not deliver to PO Boxes here in Canada and add a surcharge for subcontracting a local courier to deliver to your street address. I've tried bringing this up with eBay, but they say that shipping is between the buyer and the seller. All the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

11-2-2022 14:47:01  #10

Hi guys,
Thanks so much for all your efforts.
I have a huge problem with ebay's Global Shipping Program. This is just a money grab!
The USPS is much better and so much more less expensive. US ebay sellers use the GSP just to make it easier on them. Very few will use USPS. I will not deal with anyone who is not willing to use their own Post. Thanks for your continued help. I hope that you understand my POV. 

Board footera