You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05-7-2022 10:12:04  #31

Re: Do you buy multiples of the same machine?

Mikeytap,

I have had very good success with the 2-in-1 paints (both primer and paint) by Krylon and Rust-oleum in their satin finish.  I use 2-3 very light coats with 1 hour drying time between each application.  That way I do get  any runs or "orange peel" effect.

Gloss paint and I do not get along.  Not very forgiving.

If I want a more of a shine, I will buff-out a satin paint job 2-3 days after paint-curing with some Flitz polish and/or car carnauba wax.

05-7-2022 10:51:51  #32

Pete E. wrote:

Mikeytap,

I have had very good success with the 2-in-1 paints (both primer and paint) by Krylon and Rust-oleum in their satin finish.  I use 2-3 very light coats with 1 hour drying time between each application.  That way I do get  any runs or "orange peel" effect.

Gloss paint and I do not get along.  Not very forgiving.

If I want a more of a shine, I will buff-out a satin paint job 2-3 days after paint-curing with some Flitz polish and/or car carnauba wax.

Thanks for tips. I'll give the satin paint a try next time. 

- Be kind 

06-7-2022 04:16:12  #33

I am trying to keep my collection to a choice few typewriters. But if I found a machine, in excellent  condition that I already have and at a good price, I would find it very hard to no. Sheesh, I am human after all.

06-7-2022 04:20:11  #34

Rusty Keys wrote:

I am trying to keep my collection to a choice few typewriters. But if I found a machine, in excellent  condition that I already have and at a good price, I would find it very hard to no. Sheesh, I am human after all.

Sorry, that should read, "...I would find it hard to say no."

Board footera