You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25-3-2022 20:49:31  #1

"Comda" Typewriter...?

Anyone know more about the "Comda" typewriter...which appears to be a re-badge of the Facit TP-1 in a different color and with Comda name badging ?

Toronto Typewriters has one for sale (but price is way to high for my wallet).

Was this re-badge for Canada only or other countries too ?

Still made in Sweden ?

Here is the link to this shop's offering :

https://www.torontotypewriters.com/store/p406/Comda.html

25-3-2022 21:11:13  #2

Re: "Comda" Typewriter...?

Photos :

25-3-2022 23:36:34  #3

I like that they did the back badges in the same style as the Facit it was based on.

26-3-2022 08:47:22  #4

I was thinking this might be the Comda promotional products company based in Toronto, CA...but that company started in 1973 (still going strong today) and a bit too late for this late 1950's or early 1960's Facit model TP-1.

Last edited by Uwe (26-3-2022 11:17:01)

26-3-2022 11:57:25  #5

I haven't yet explored the COMDA name (probably should have), but there are examples such as my '65 TP1 that have mixed badging with FACIT on the front and COMDA on the back. My example has the same retailer sticker on the back, which leads me to believe that COMDA wasn't a retailer/department store selling private label models produced by Facit.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

26-3-2022 12:52:00  #6

Uwe,

Interesting...these two machine have the same service-shop label on the back panel.

26-3-2022 13:56:42  #7

The reseller/middleman with the obscene prices who was mentioned in your first post gets a lot of his inventory locally, the same area that my COMDA Facit came from.

Quite a few of my (non-Facit) typewriters have identical dealer stickers. I checked my other Facits and two of them had dealer stickers too, but from other local dealers. It appears that Facit was well represented in the Toronto area; of course the BIG caveat is that these stickers could have been applied by a dealer servicing the machine rather than it being the one that originally sold the typewriter. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

27-3-2022 08:07:37  #8

Obscene...yes.

Nice Blue Bird machines offered for $ 1500 CAD that only seem to be cleaned and serviced. 

For that amount of $$'s, I would expect new platen, new rollers, and a new draw band in addition to cleaning and servicing.

27-3-2022 11:57:16  #9

I did send an email to the COMDA promotional products co. in Toronto asking in their years prior if they were involved with typewriters.

If I get a reply, I will report that here.

12-4-2022 15:33:36  #10

No reply received after 2 emails sent...

Board footera