You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03-5-2022 13:18:15  #141

Re: What Are You Typing On Today...?

Lazydog...

Thanks for the article link.  No, I have not run across that before.

I really like using my Lettera 32...so I guess I need to start my hunt for the right 22 machine in my future.

03-5-2022 13:34:01  #142

mikeytap wrote:

Would you say both are responsive to a light touch as Pete described the 32? I want to have one some day and wondering if one might be preferable.

In my opinion (and compared between my specimens of the Letteras) the Lettera 22 has a much heavier touch, so my fingers (used to computer keyboards) are tiring much faster.

Pete E. wrote:

AndrewP,
Would you say the 22 is better or not so good as the 32 ?

That's not easy to say, and it probably depends on the condition of the typewriters. I feel the Lettera 22 to be a bit more compact and robust, and the end-of-line-stop-mechanism works better (at least on my copy).

03-5-2022 18:29:20  #143

Someone has gotta say it: even in my relatively short time as a typewriter enthusiast, both of these machines are way way way up in the pantheon. Legendary pieces of engineering and design. Didion, Cortazar, Dylan, Cohen, McCarthy, Amis, Auster -- I am just going here and searching "Lettera" to find the devotees.

https://site.xavier.edu/polt/typewriters/typers.html

"Best" is so subjective. Get both! Take two, they're small! And really cheap and plentiful, especially the 32s around here! Then decide, I say!

03-5-2022 18:34:18  #144

Looks like the very early Lettera 22's had round key-tops  and a chromed "Olivetti" on the right side of the paper tray.

Oh my...how sexy !  Especially in that green colour.

03-5-2022 18:37:28  #145

Oh yes! I have a taupe one looks like this in the mail right now. Fingers crossed for a safe transit!

04-5-2022 07:42:15  #146

Funny...I had no Italian machines in my collectio for some time. 

Then I added my Olivetti Underwood 21 and the Everest K2.  More recently a Olivetti Lettera 32...and next week a Lettera 22 will join the pack.

What is next...one of those big standards...???

04-5-2022 08:32:09  #147

Here is Pinky. Maybe dusty pink? Color depends on type of lighting and iPhone or camera. It didn't see much usage in 62 years. Predictable SC typing action. Elite. They're putting a new roof on our house today so the nail gun is setting a tempo for my typing. 

- Be kind 

04-5-2022 10:54:37  #148

Mikeytap...what a lovely machine in that colour.  Congratulations !

I remember my first ever credit account when I left my family's home.  A Sears & Roebuck "revolving" charge card as they called it.

04-5-2022 11:30:17  #149

Yes, I probably had that Sears card as well. Remember when Craftsmen tools were decent quality?

I'm not sure which SC machine this Tower is based on. At first I though maybe the transitional one called Classic, because of the flat front panel. But this one sets tabs the old fashion way, from the back. And it has no paper support. Maybe Smith-Corona had old Sterling and Clipper machines to go through so off they went to the Sears model. 

- Be kind 

04-5-2022 11:54:20  #150

Pete E. wrote:

Funny...I had no Italian machines in my collectio for some time. ... What is next...one of those big standards...???.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera