You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04-5-2022 13:12:51  #151

Re: What Are You Typing On Today...?

You're killing me, Uwe...!!!

05-5-2022 14:43:20  #152

Lifting the 80E nearly killed me...  

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-5-2022 07:14:32  #153

Yes...I understand the 80E was 62 lbs. with a regular sized carriage.

08-5-2022 17:13:39  #154

So...cycling through my machines these past few weeks got me a "short list" of items needing some attention and sorting out.  Last day or two we had nice weather so worked in the garage on the following :

1.  Consul 1511 needed a bit more tension to the main spring.

2.  Olympia SGE A62 had a problem with the red ribbon lift not consistently going fully up.  Just a bit of ribbon vibrator "reforming" took care of that.

3.  Add some new felt padding to the Imperial Good Companion 5.

4.  Both the Olivetti Lettera 22 and Lettera 32 got a typewriter spa-visit.

Nice time of the year here in Idaho to catch up on such work before our hot summers begin to kick in.

I also had some company in the garage.

This is "Little Boy" who was an abandoned kitty who found our front porch this winter.  He was about 70% feral by that time.

With a heated kitty home and food and water and lots of attention over the winter, he slowly returned to a sweet kitty.

Had him fixed, shaved, and got all of his shots done.  Tested negative for the kitty infectious diseases, as well.

He took to the harness and leash his first 20 minutes and now we take 3-4 walks in our neighborhood each day.

He likes keeping me company in the garage and driveway.

08-5-2022 19:25:35  #155

Awww, sweet kitty.
I shared this with my wife and she suggest you call him Pica. 

- Be kind 

08-5-2022 19:51:53  #156

Today's economy machine:
Another SGW buy that looked like a basket case but was in fact a cheap little gem in need of a cleanup. 1964 Montgomery Ward Signature 300 / Brother. The green fiber-board case offers no protection at all, and this is the first I've seen that didn't have a rusty wear spot on top from bouncing around in the case.  It came with case goodies like the manual, the receipt, calling it moss green in color, and various typed letters of of interest. Also the warranty card that I shall send in now. The typing action is just ok, not as snappy as later Brothers like the charger 11.  but I like the looks of it and it was fun to bring back to life. 

- Be kind 

09-5-2022 07:17:28  #157

Mikeytap,

Pica would have been a good name...but he has responded to Little Boy all this past winter season so I think it is official now.

I like how cheaply the Japanese machines can be had on SGW.  I have picked up several to see what they are like and then clean and service them and gift them to kids around our home.

Your green M-W Brother is quite attractive.

11-5-2022 11:26:16  #158

Not super exotic, but I just bought this KMG15 this morning from a student for $30 and it is in AMAZING shape. 1951, according to TWDB. This is as close as I think I will ever get to what they felt like brand new, other than a rock-hard platen. Such great touch! We are getting along famously!

I thought the green keys were always aftermarket, but maybe they are factory too, since its a bookkeeper's (15 inch carriage) machine?

https://i.imgur.com/6rOOsu1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/p3WiNpG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/J19xiMU.jpg

11-5-2022 12:05:54  #159

LD,

Your photos do not show up at the links.  Just a black Imgur screen and no photo(s) appear...

11-5-2022 12:31:04  #160

I keep thinking I have that figured out -- so sorry -- hopefully better!

Board footera