You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-4-2022 21:56:50  #61

Re: What Are You Typing On Today...?

On my desk tonight, ready for a work-day tomorrow...

My 1966 Olivetti-Underwood 21...in perfect shape and working order. 

This machine sure looks like the Swedish folks would have designed its body-works.

16-4-2022 06:24:56  #62

It does have that Swedish look somewhat like a Facit, no extraneous design elements that don't serve the purpose. Sort of like shaker furniture. Are the Olivetti and Halda equally good typers?

- Be kind 

16-4-2022 07:30:34  #63

Mikeytap.

Other than this O-U 21, I cannot speak of other Olivettis as I own none.

Halda is definitely a product of the 1950's.  My Halda P is very good but simply cannot compare to the newer Facits made in Sweden.

But you know what people say about opinions...everyone has them.

16-4-2022 09:41:29  #64

Adler J5. Taupe and tan. Plastic shell that feels durable. It's a good typer and touch selector makes noticeable difference. One image shows a repaired knob, Crushed when shipped to me without locking the carriage. If all the pieces are there, epoxy makes a good bond. 

- Be kind 

16-4-2022 10:49:17  #65

Stunning beauty !  Congratulations !!!

16-4-2022 12:06:39  #66

Perfectly staged with that Teac reel-to-reel deck.

16-4-2022 12:19:09  #67

robmck wrote:

Perfectly staged with that Teac reel-to-reel deck.

hahaha, yes, about the right time frame.

- Be kind 

16-4-2022 19:08:56  #68

This one and my other ultra-portables do not usually spend 1-2 days on the office desk.

They get their monthly check-up while on the desk and then usually get grabbed for use with outside of park-side typing is in order.

Tomorrow morning is our shopping days, so it will crank out our shopping-lists for our typical 2-3 stops along the way.

This is a very nice 1964 Triumph Tippa.  Fast, accurate, and easy on which to type.  Not quite as enjoyable as my Olympia small machines...but still a very good one.  Without its lid on, it weighs in at 8,9 lbs.

16-4-2022 19:31:49  #69

Wow, sleek and low profile.  Like new condition. You must have a time machine to find these. Keep them coming. When you run out in a few years I’ll drag out my Sterling or Galaxy. We went thrift store shopping today but only found a selectra(sp?) and a beat up 50s royal standard with a carriage about 4 miles wide. Interestingly it was a very speedy typer.

- Be kind 

17-4-2022 07:48:34  #70

After shopping this morning, today will be a day for some serious typing.

My 1961 Olympia SG1...as if it really needs an introduction, right...?

I did pick up a space-bar from a SG3 that was being parted-out.  I have the original one, still, as well.

My SG had some chips and nicks in the paint.  So I blended the right color with these 2 flat acrylic paints from my local Hobby Lobby and now you cannot see the touch-up areas at all.  It was a bit of trial & error with some test samples on white card stock until I was happy with the blend.  Applied with a dabbing technique with a coarse artist's paint brush.  took 2 light coats to build up the painted area to fill the nicks in the original paint.

Board footera