You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-4-2022 17:40:28  #1

Corona 4 questions

I'm working on a 1930 Corona 4 Tabulator model and have a few questions.
1) Is there a service manual available for the Corona 4?
2) Can someone verify how the carriage lock should work?
  When I move mine to the "on" position I can slide the carriage to its centered position where it stops     automatically. From that position it can't be moved to the left because of the mechanical stop. I can however push it to the right. Should it be locked in both directions? If so, I have some adjusting to do. 
3) Is there a source for spare parts, in this case I think one common to many S-C models, tab stops. I'd like to pick up a few.

Thanks for reading.

Brent 

15-4-2022 22:33:59  #2

Re: Corona 4 questions

bcarter wrote:

I'm working on a 1930 Corona 4 Tabulator model and have a few questions.
1) Is there a service manual available for the Corona 4?
2) Can someone verify how the carriage lock should work?
  When I move mine to the "on" position I can slide the carriage to its centered position where it stops     automatically. From that position it can't be moved to the left because of the mechanical stop. I can however push it to the right. Should it be locked in both directions? If so, I have some adjusting to do. 
3) Is there a source for spare parts, in this case I think one common to many S-C models, tab stops. I'd like to pick up a few.

Thanks for reading.

Brent 

1. I am not aware of any service manuals that are available at this time or the Corona 4--just user manuals.
2. The carriage lock only stops it going to the left; I believe the case stops it going to the right. It disengages the rack from the escapement and centers the carriage to align it for putting it in its case.
3. Spare parts usually have to come from either a compatible parts machine or someone who is parting one out.

16-4-2022 10:04:12  #3

Re: Corona 4 questions

SoucekFan,

Thank you for the informative response. In that case it seems the carriage lock is working as designed. I'm really enjoying the machine.

Take care,
Brent

Board footera