You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12-8-2022 07:36:30  #1

New member seeking help and advice please

Hello everyone I am Daryl and a new member. I was wondering if someone out there might be able to help me please? I won this as part of a job lot at my local Tuesday afternoon auction house. I didn't know what to do with it at first but I have fallen in love with the little thing. The problem is that I have absolutely no knowledge of these things at all and I am desperate to know when it was made, model etc.... anything really please? I can see that it is an Imperial Good Companion made in Leicester and it has a small silver tag bottom right just under the keys with the serial number  W 906. Any info is welcome please. I have made a little video of it and here is the link to youtube. Thank you in advance. Kindest regards, daryl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyySpMNH7VI

12-8-2022 12:01:59  #2

Re: New member seeking help and advice please

12-8-2022 13:11:17  #3

Hi Phil and many thanks for your kind reply. I did try to do some homework on it and went to this site a few times but I had lots of problems navigating it and it just kept shutting down on me 
I have just tried again and no joy so any info is still greatly appreciated. Thank you, Daryl.

12-8-2022 19:23:39  #4

12-8-2022 19:26:45  #5

12-8-2022 19:30:50  #6

12-8-2022 19:32:40  #7

p.s.  For parts, keep an eye out on the eBay - UK site.  Lots of Imperial stuff shows up there and some sellers are willing to ship over-seas.

12-8-2022 19:39:25  #8

From the " W" code of your serial number W 906, it looks like your machine was made in 1935.

13-8-2022 05:36:38  #9

Hi Pete and thank you so much for that wealth of information. The user manual means that I can actually have a go at using it now! Thanks again for your kind help. Take care, Daryl.

13-8-2022 07:19:34  #10

Glad to be of help.

Do not overlook the chance to read more postings about Imperial typewriters here on our forum.

Once you are logged-in, you can do a "search" for the term "Imperial" and many past posts you might find helpful will show up.

Your machine seems to be in lovely shape. 

I collect from the 1950's to mid 1970's or so.  I do have a 1957 Imperial Good Companion 5 that is in nice condition and fun to use.  I found this one in the UK and had it shipped to the States.

Board footera