You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06-9-2022 11:14:41  #1

In-Coming 1963 Olympia SM7 in robbin's egg blue...

Nice 1963 Olympia SM7.  This one actually came in last week...but my work bench is backed up with another machine repair and a re-paint of another machine's case.

Should be able to dig into this SM7 next week...nice as our Idaho weather is supposed to finally move into our Fall patterns. 

Quick check shows all functions to be working and the platen even let's me indent its rubber with a thumb-nail.  Am always glad to see paint near factory-fresh along the back side. 

06-10-2022 13:47:38  #2

Re: In-Coming 1963 Olympia SM7 in robbin's egg blue...

Well, this one took me nearly a month to get on my work bench...but today was the day.

All it needed was a good cleaning, bit of oil, new ribbon, and adjustment to the 2 springs to make the carriage-shift "lift" a bit lighter in feel.

Couple of very small nicks in the paint, here and there...which I will get on in the next day or so.

The folks at SGW must have dislodged the "back space" key-top in the process of putting the machine in the case readying it for shipping...as the key-top was no where to be found in the case, in the machine, or in the packing materials in the shipping box.

For now, I super-glued a spare back-space key-top from an Olivetti/Underwood 21 that gave its life up to be a parts-machine.  I like how the grey-coloured key-tip sits lower than the other keys.  Might be my permanent "fix"...

Felt pads from the blue cowling were all loose in the case...so it was easy to glue those back in place.

The case is 98% perfect and just needed a good cleaning and interior deodorizing.  It will live in the garage for a few more days.

06-10-2022 17:04:08  #3

Love the blue sm7. Waiting to see that case.

- Be kind 

06-10-2022 20:30:51  #4

Hi Mike,

I think this case (currently holding my 1968 SM9 grey-ivory coloured machine) will be switched to house my new blue SM7.

The case that came with this SM7 is a "twin" for your SM4 case...equally nice condition.

07-10-2022 05:41:56  #5

That blue & cream case looks absolutely new. 

- Be kind 

08-10-2022 10:45:47  #6

The SM7 and its original case...

08-10-2022 10:57:23  #7

And with its new look...

Board footera