You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13-1-2023 11:54:53  #21

Re: Smith Corona Electra 120 letter "q" stuck on chattering "wack a mole".

Kalani,

I own three (3) typewriters that have electric type-bars but have a manually operated CR levers.

My favorites are in the following order :  S-C Electric 120, Olympia SEP (Japan made) and S-C 5TE.

The S-C 5TE slows me down a bit when I type...as the key-lever mechanisms do not seem to return-to-rest fast enough for my typing speed.  The two others are very fast and snappy.

I still enjoy the S-C 5TE with its 1950's looks and I just get used to typing a bit more slowly and deliberately on this machine.

But of the 3, the Olympia SEP has less build-quality than the 2 S-C machines.

Hope this helps.

13-1-2023 12:40:05  #22

Pete E. wrote:

Kalani,

I own three (3) typewriters that have electric type-bars but have a manually operated CR levers.

My favorites are in the following order :  S-C Electric 120, Olympia SEP (Japan made) and S-C 5TE.

The S-C 5TE slows me down a bit when I type...as the key-lever mechanisms do not seem to return-to-rest fast enough for my typing speed.  The two others are very fast and snappy.

I still enjoy the S-C 5TE with its 1950's looks and I just get used to typing a bit more slowly and deliberately on this machine.

But of the 3, the Olympia SEP has less build-quality than the 2 S-C machines.

Hope this helps.

Yes.
Huge thanks.
My SC 120 Electra is my "go to" on arthritis days. . when I can't use a manual typewriter or fountain pen to write letters.
It's my only experience with a manual/electric. Nice to know I already have one of the "best".
Thanks again
Mahalo

ps: what is the difference between a SC Electra 120 and the SC Coronet Electric (both without power return)???

13-1-2023 15:04:21  #23

Kalani,

"  ps: what is the difference between a SC Electra 120 and the SC Coronet Electric (both without power return)???  "

I think the Coronet Electric just as a space bar (electrically driven).

My Electra 120 has that, as well as a power space (to the right) which is electrically driven but also has a 1/2 space (to the left) which is mechanically operated.

Board footera