You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21-7-2023 08:08:24  #11

Re: Stapler

The Ace Fastener Co. is still in business.  They have been since 1952.

The operate out of a big plant combined with BluUSA...a supplier of small military parts located in New Jersey State.

Ace still offers the Model 502 stapler in the brown version and loads of other commercial fastening parts.

22-7-2023 17:43:50  #12

Both Ace Aceliner Model 502's side-by-side.

It is obvious there is some 10 years or more separation between the older mint-coloured stapler from the more recent brown-coloured unit.  Easily 2-3 oz. in weight difference and the brown one just has a bit flimsy feel to it.

From the web-site I posed, above, the mint one is a Variation 3 and the brown one is a Variation 4.  You can sell from the front of both staplers.  See area I highlighted in red in the last photo.

The staple ram-rod along the back on the green one is permenently attached and hinges up and out of the way for staple loading, whereas on the brown one the ram-rod just comes completely out and off the stapler.
I think I will search for another Variation 3 in the brown-colour and gift away my current Variation 4 when that is done.

23-7-2023 18:12:04  #13

Thanks Pete,

now you’ve got me amped up on these staplers which I really hadn’t considered previously. I particularly like the mint green to accompany the HM3s even if not quite a match although I also like the army green I’ve seen. Looks like they run from $15 to about $47. What do you feel is a good price for a clean one and where did you find yours?

23-7-2023 19:28:55  #14

The green one set me back about $ 27 all-inclusive and from eBay.

The brown one set me back about $ 22 all-inclusive and I gto that from Face Book marketplace.

Browsing eBay is great...as you can see the colour variations and even variations within the variations.

Think I would like to get one that is mottled-brown but more red than brown. 

Grey, tan, and black hold no interests for me.  Some folks call the tan as "peach".

23-7-2023 19:45:24  #15

I agree. It’s all about the browns and greens.

24-7-2023 08:02:10  #16

p.s.  On the Aceliner...the "anvil" moves a bit forward and backwards.

This allows for a switch between  "stapling" and "pinning".

24-7-2023 09:17:22  #17

Use Instructions :

24-7-2023 09:40:49  #18

Next one coming to our home.

Variation # 3.  More cream/ivory in colour than tan, I think.

Bit of a small fracture along the front-left scallop area.  Might need a tad of super-glue, there.  Only $ 13 USA.

25-7-2023 08:05:23  #19

Maybe this one was inspired by the movie Goldfinger.

It most certainly will not be joining our home...

25-7-2023 11:55:02  #20

Three more Variation # 3's coming my way.  Tan, a nice lighter wooden swirl, and a solid black.

The black one will need its plastic polished-up a bit with Flitz metal & plastic polish

I will do a group photo when all of these are part of the new hoard in my home.

Board footera