You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26-9-2023 11:40:38  #11

Re: Olympia Traveller Deluxe S - With Tab Function...

Looks surprisingly good! 

26-9-2023 14:00:03  #12

Hi Lau,

Thanks for the compliment.  I enjoy adding touches of paint to machines now and then.

I had picked up this made-in-Japan Olympia 3 (Traveller looking machine) since it did have the factory fixed-Tabulator feature...thinking Olympia never added a Tabulator to their small machines.

It is a decent machine but not quite the feel of the real Travellers.

27-9-2023 09:38:45  #13

Since I have two (2) other Travellers (made-in-Germany), I thought I could just move a set of ribbon spools over from one of those to my newer (made-in-Yugoslvia) machine.

I was wanting to see if my red-black ribbon colour bleeding issue with the bit taller cursive print-outs would be resolved with using all metal spools.

Curious that the spool spindles/shafts on the German-made machines are a small diameter than that used on the Yugoslavia-made machine.

I dug through my horde of un-used metal spools and found 2 metal spools that fit the Yugoslavian machine.  Wound up some new ribbon on those metal spools and now there is no bleeding of colour on the print outs.

The wobble of the plastic spools I initially used seemed to be the problem.

27-9-2023 09:49:18  #14

Thread about Olympia spindle/shaft diameters:

https://typewriter.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3937

28-9-2023 12:41:02  #15

Thanks Lau...

Funny...my made-in-Japan machine takes the same spools as my made-in Yugoslavia machine with their bit larger spindle size.

The spindles on my SF and my 2 Travellers (made in Germany) have the smaller spindle sizes.

There is a 13-page pdf-file of a spool comparison chart with photos/illustrations...done by the Bushnell Co. but all spools are listed by a "AT-xxx" part number which may have been an in-house company stock numbering system.

This pdf-file is nearly 37 MB in size.

If anyone is interested in receiving this pdf-file, send me a Message with an email address and I will send it to you.

Board footera