You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05-4-2023 07:51:19  #21

Re: S-C 250 In-Coming...

Pete E. wrote:

Thanks guys...I like tweaking colors now and then.

I have had this 1974 Olympia electric since this past Dec. 2022.

Thinking about doing its ribbon colour in the same khaki/tan...but have held off for now.

Either that colour and a nice robin's egg blue like I did on my 2nd. Traveller...

pete, where did you get that cool typewriter mat?
Is it non slip on the bottom?
j

05-4-2023 12:10:00  #22

Hi Jim,

It is what is called a "bar service mat".    Now days, they seem to come in a nice 18" x 12" size that can easily be cut down if you wish with a sharp box knife and straight edge.

Lots of them on eBay.

Really holds a typewriter in place and helps keep typing noises down as well...with the recesses between the rubber "nubbins" acting as sound traps.

08-4-2023 10:09:37  #23

Final change to my S-C 250.

Added a small black key-top to the left side.  I think it balances ou, visually, a bit better this way.

10-4-2023 22:38:31  #24

Hi Pete,
So your response. Thanks, mate

10-4-2023 22:53:53  #25

Pete E. wrote:

Hi Jim,

It is what is called a "bar service mat".    Now days, they seem to come in a nice 18" x 12" size that can easily be cut down if you wish with a sharp box knife and straight edge.

Lots of them on eBay.

Really holds a typewriter in place and helps keep typing noises down as well...with the recesses between the rubber "nubbins" acting as sound traps.

Thanks Pete,
I just got my order from Amazon.
works great, keeps the typewriter from walking across the table.
Also quieter, absorbs impact.
And, a huge plus, no chemical smell or strong fragrance.

aloha
j

10-4-2023 22:54:26  #26

Pete E. wrote:

Final change to my S-C 250.

Added a small black key-top to the left side.  I think it balances ou, visually, a bit better this way.

What a beauty!
Great job!
j

11-4-2023 13:43:55  #27

Hi Jim,

Glad the new rubber mat works for you. 

I got mine about 20 years ago.  We bought a metal "tree" that held a series of chrome-plated dumb-bells.  The rubber mat was included in that weight kit.

I also got 2-3 EPDM rubber sheets (3/16 " thick) from McMaster-Carr which are 12" x 12" in size..  I place those under a machine when I place it on the carpet (or table top) after I have just serviced a machine and some oil might still drip down.  The smooth rubber sheets are easy to clean off if they have caught some oil droplets.

Board footera