You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16-7-2023 16:51:29  #1

Beauty - Triumph Perfekt

This lovely Triumph ran on eBay this past week.  It was in the USA and went hammer-down for $ 360 USD plus the costs for shipping.

I was in the bidding but stopped with a bid that was "a hope & a prayer".

16-7-2023 17:14:39  #2

Re: Beauty - Triumph Perfekt

What an interesting co-incidence !  I have just finished working on an earlier version of this machine for a customer.  A Triumph Perfekt.  The earlier version had keycard and keyring keytops, all except the margin release button, and exactly the same cast alloy carry case in the same colour.  I suspect that this is the machine that finally became the Adler Junior.  Note the Hermes Baby/Rocket carry case handle (obviously went to the same supplier).  Also interesting are the rubber feet, the same as the Imperial Good Companion One - but there is an explanation for that !

17-7-2023 07:47:46  #3

Hi Tom,

I have a 1962 Triumph Perfekt which is a lovely machine to use. The ribbon cover went to plastic but the rest of the body cowling is still an aluminum alloy.

Only slight "minus" is that my model lacks an touch-control.  Not sure if the older versions had that or not.

My case was in perfect shape except for the top of its metal lid.  The paint was flaking off in big chunks...so I sanded down that surface and did a re-spray.

17-7-2023 13:16:57  #4

Pete E. wrote:

The ribbon cover went to plastic but the rest of the body cowling is still an aluminum alloy.

Hi Pete, are you sure about the ribbon cover? As far as I know the ribbon cover is made from casted aluminium too. 

17-7-2023 13:24:34  #5

thetypewriterman wrote:

I suspect that this is the machine that finally became the Adler Junior.

Yes, that is correct. The Gabriele 1, 2, 3 and E and the Adler Junior 1, 2, 3 and E are the final iterarion of the Triumph portable design from 1929.

17-7-2023 17:22:40  #6

Hi Laurenz,

Yes of course...you are correct.  Pardon my "brain fart".

It is my Triumph Tippa with its plastic ribbon cover.

18-7-2023 05:19:42  #7

NP, I asked because you never know. I have learned to assume nothing in the world of typewriters. Although I don't expect there were plastic ribbon covers for the Norms/Perfekts/Gabrieles from that era, I would not be surprised if one pops up. 

I also dit not expect to see an aluminium ribbon cover with the vertical stripes design known from the later plastic ribbon covers, yet is does exist

18-7-2023 07:51:01  #8

Lau...

Thanks for sharing that photo...such a cool looking ribbon cover. 

Maybe going after some Olivetti customers...???

Board footera