You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16-10-2023 15:42:49  #11

Re: One high letter

Pete E. wrote:

Hi Mike,

Glad to see you have hung in there and have your 5TE back on the road and sorted out.

If you have interests in custom-mxing some touch-up paint for your body panels. take a read at my Post # 4 in this other discussion thread :

https://typewriter.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3871

I recall following your excellent posts regarding restoring a 5TE. I've had pretty good luck mixing acrylic from a paint tube set. Kind of tricky as color darkens as it drys. I've touched up this one a little and put it on the database website. 

- Be kind 

16-10-2023 16:02:04  #12

While I'm thinking about it, these abrasive wheels are handy to use in a dremel tool for brightening up metal parts on cases etc. The set includes different abrasive strengths, cheap too. Definitely wear safety glasses as they fling bits about. Sorry for the detour, back to new acquisitions.

- Be kind 

16-10-2023 16:53:16  #13

Great work Mike !

Love your case as well.

I do wish the case for the 5TEs were just a bit wider and have a bit more room for the coiled up power-cord.  I think the 12" wide carriage machines had a bit wider holiday-case.  I hope to find one, eventually.

16-10-2023 18:43:59  #14

Pete E. wrote:

Great work Mike !

Love your case as well.

I do wish the case for the 5TEs were just a bit wider and have a bit more room for the coiled up power-cord.  I think the 12" wide carriage machines had a bit wider holiday-case.  I hope to find one, eventually.

It would be nice if the had detachable cords. I wanted to replace the whole cord but saw that it goes right into the motor, so I attached a new cord a couple of inches out with soldering and shrink tubing. 

- Be kind 

Board footera