You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-10-2023 14:24:02  #1

1967 Facet Tippa Italic, like new.

Just got it.
1967 Facet Tippa Italic, like new.
[url][/url]

22-10-2023 16:45:58  #2

Re: 1967 Facet Tippa Italic, like new.

Hi Jim,

Congratulations on the Tippa !  Any sort of italics machine is a pursuit of mine...

When you have time, could you post-up a print-out of the script ?  I would like to see the style used,

BTW...small point of clarification...but these Tippas were made by Adler and issued as a re-badged "Triumph" as well.

Not sure Facit had a hand with them.

22-10-2023 20:30:23  #3

1967 Adler Tippa
[url][/url]

23-10-2023 09:38:58  #4

I like the Italics that Olympia used.

Here is a sample of that on a Splendid 66 sold in the UK in the past.  It is really easy on the eyes.

Toronto Typewriter has 1-2 Italics machines for sale but $ 750 CAD and more.  Way, way too rich for my blood.

23-10-2023 18:56:15  #5

Good point.
I never thought about that.
Yes. Some Italic machines that I have are tough to read so I tend not to use them.
Which ones are easy to read?

23-10-2023 19:21:30  #6

Hi Jim,

The machine you posted in the opening-post has a Cursive script...and not an Italics script.

Cursive script has miost of the adjacent letters mostly touching each other...to simulate long-hand penmanship.

Italics script does lean to the right...but the adjacent letters do not touch each other. 

That little space between italics letters, I think for me, make them easier and more pleasant to read on paper.

I have no italics machines and now have 5 cursive machines.

I like the cursive script on my Yugoslavia-made Olympia Traveller the most out of my bunch.  The upper-cases on this machine are more simple and not so "fanciful" as they are on the other 4 machines I own. (See sample, below...)

23-10-2023 19:55:20  #7

Pete E. wrote:

I like the Italics that Olympia used.

Here is a sample of that on a Splendid 66 sold in the UK in the past.  It is really easy on the eyes.

Toronto Typewriter has 1-2 Italics machines for sale but $ 750 CAD and more.  Way, way too rich for my blood.

Hi Pete, I recently acquired an SM3 with that same typeface from Anthony at Type Space in Portland. At a much, much better price than that. It is easier to read than the cursive script but I think the cursive gives a different feel to a letter. I wouldn't use it for anything other than a personal letter. The italic could be used for anything I think.
George

23-10-2023 20:07:13  #8

Hi Jimmy,
The new machine looks very nice! The cursive script appears pretty crisp and joins the letters well. I wonder if it's a smaller typeface than the Olympia I sent you in a letter. I notice the Tippa has a red/black ribbon and three settings. My Monica and SM3 with a similar typeface has only two settings due to the larger size.
George

24-10-2023 07:32:42  #9

Hi George,

Congratulations on acquiring the SM3, in 2-tone, with Italics.

One day I hope to score one at a reasonable price.

You and LaDonna are quite the tag-team when it comes to finding such jewels...

24-10-2023 08:25:14  #10

Just bought this, fully restored, mint condition. Action is a bit heavier than I prefer, typeface "font" seems large. Has a 1-1/2 space line advance which is nice and not often found. Case is in perfect condition.

1975 Adler J2 
[img][/img]

Board footera