You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-11-2023 17:54:50  #21

Re: Olympia SF From 1975 Yugoslavia...

Mike,

The green is satin "Pistachio" by Krylon. 

I could not find it locally, so ended up buying it on eBay.

28-11-2023 18:40:15  #22

Ok thanks. I'll check the local Lowes store first. 

- Be kind 

15-2-2024 12:51:29  #23

I was able to snag a 1978 Olympia Traveller DeLuxe S, made in Yugoslavia.

It has 2-ribbon colour, touch control, and a Tabulator with factory-fixed Tab stops.

I think this will be the "orange" machine which will look something like the machine in the 2nd. photo, below.

I suspect this Olympia was seldom used.  Very tight and not broken in, and nothing under the mechanical works such as eraser dust, white-out. debris, oil, etc.  Not a mark on the plastic lid, either.

It got its spa-day this morning in my garage and even some felt on the inside of the bottom panel.  Ribbon cover will get felt once I have a chance to re-paint the cover.

Its bell will need a bit of adjustment...right now it just says "dink" at the end of the typing line.

15-2-2024 19:46:11  #24

Whoa, I like that red. I acquired one of those machines last year, in white. I might give it some paint. The bell on mine is clear and the ring hangs in the air for a while. It has some weight to it and is a solid typer for an ultra compact. I like it better than the SC Skyriter, and the Hermes Rocket I had briefly. But the Skyriter was an early one with the short shift arm so that bothered me.  

- Be kind 

16-2-2024 12:35:11  #25

Using my other Yugo-made Traveller...I looked at both and the bell-hammer geometries were identical on both machines.

Just for the heck of it, I removed the bells on both and discovered my newest-addition was missing a small fender washer that helps "float" the bottom of the bell off the chassis mount.

With the torque it took to loosen this bell's retainer screw...I can imagine the washer was missed at the factory assembly in 1978...but just a WAG on my part.

Once I placed a small washer under the bell, my new machine now "rings" with lots of sustain.

16-2-2024 16:59:29  #26

My Aztec 600 had the dead thunk ring. It was really torqued down tight. I was only able to loosen it with a long screwdriver and by grabbing the bell with my other hand and twisting at the same time. I loosened it and now it rings. 

- Be kind 

17-2-2024 21:01:58  #27

Hi Mike,

I will be using Krylon's satin "Poppy Red" for the ribbon cover.

Although it says "red" in its colour name, it is more towards the orange side than the red.

I used it on the shift-key-tops on my Royal QDL from 1957.

I was planting on painting tomorrow but we are now forecast to get snow over the next couple of days...so might be some days before I get to it.

The O-I logo (orange coloured) on the ribbon cover will need to be removed.  I will do that in "Purple Iris"...so it will stand-out on the repainted ribbon cover.

Like this flower...

18-2-2024 06:58:18  #28

Interested to see your results. 

I've had good luck with the krylon satin colors but couldn't find Krylon Fusion satin red at Lowes yesterday so I bought spring grass green. I saw the Rust-oleum red satin that you will be using but didn't know if it would lay down as well. 

- Be kind 

18-2-2024 08:40:29  #29

Sorry Mike...my apoligies.

Krylon does not make the Poppy-Red...it is a Rustoleum product only.  Had a mistake in my previous posting.

Spring Grass Green...I see that only in gloss finish.  Did you find it in satin ?

18-2-2024 13:54:14  #30

Olympia did have their green-version of the later Yugo-Travellers.  Probably close to the green you are considering...
Here is a photo from the TWDB Galeries :

Board footera