You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27-3-2024 09:44:41  #1

Who owns this forum ???

Hi

Who owns this forum ???

Thanks

27-3-2024 15:13:28  #2

Re: Who owns this forum ???

Member Uwe is our Administrator and Forum Founder (back in 2013, I believe).

Boardhost is the forum software used :

https://boardhost.com/index.html

27-3-2024 22:16:40  #3

Hi Olivier

This forum was created on March 13th, 2013 by Uwe in Ontario, Canada. The forum was created after Yahoo.com reconfigured Yahoo-Groups making the Portable Typewriter Group very difficult for anyone over the age of 20 to understand. Many of the early members here were Yahoo-Group members who moved to this forum.

I joined this forum on March 14, 2013, so have now been a member for 11 years and 13 days. Uwe invited 3 long term members to become moderators in February 2022, so here I am. One thing I really love about this forum is how polite and well mannered all the members have been since day one. I trust that you will also find this forum enjoyable and educational along with making a few connections along the way. All the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

28-3-2024 19:46:43  #4

Hi Sky,

I agree with your thoughts about the Forum, as well.

I really like the old-fashion "forum" format.

Social media seems dis-jointed when the AI behind the sites move postings "up to the top" based on number of likes and/or if some topic in trending.  Doing searches and finding a discussion from 2-3 weeks ago on those is very awkward as well.

I do wish we had more of our Members sharing info. and photos about their machines and collections, though.

29-3-2024 08:09:12  #5

Yes, the "Forum" format is good because it's user-friendly and it allows you to take your time ...

Board footera