You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30-10-2014 14:18:38  #21

Re: Keychopper Alerts!

JustAnotherGuy wrote:

I'm assuming it's a QDL or an Arrow, but the seller didn't say.

I just had another look and it's most likely an Arrow since it doesn't have a tabulator.

malole wrote:

I wonder if the keychopping is a thing going on predominantly on the other side of the Atlantic? Or is it that Brits are keeping quiet about their ugly crafting activities?!

Maybe Brits (and Europeans) don't have the same taste in gaudy jewelery as North Americans?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

30-10-2014 15:53:15  #22

Ah, so an Arrow... Just wondering, but what's the difference between the QDL/Aristocrat/Arrow?

30-10-2014 21:04:49  #23

JustAnotherGuy wrote:

Ah, so an Arrow... Just wondering, but what's the difference between the QDL/Aristocrat/Arrow?

Arrow was the bottom of these three (there were models with less features) = no tabulator, no "quiet action"
Aristocrat is the middle machine = adds tabulator to the Arrow, but no "quiet action"
QDL is the top of the line = all the features of the others, plus the "quiet action"

I think you' would be lucky to find it's an Aristocrat, which I didn't even guess it could be because the QDL is far more common. Can't wait to see what you bought.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

09-11-2014 17:22:47  #24

Here she is: http://typewriterdatabase.com/1940-royal-arrow.3663.typewriter

It's an Arrow. I actually think it looks better than the QDL and Aristo because it lacks the chromed bar that runs the length of the ribbon cover. Besides, I never use a tabulator.

Board footera