You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20-12-2020 18:04:10  #211

Re: SG Owners Club

A few more photos of my 1972 Olympia SG3. This example includes the Paper Injector, the margin release key that also serves to clear key jams and the double spacing feature. Everything is in proper working condition. This typewriter appears to have been well taken care of.

21-12-2020 19:36:52  #212

Beautiful machine, Guth, and congratulations. How about a sample of the imprint?

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

21-12-2020 22:52:24  #213

Repartee wrote:

Beautiful machine, Guth, and congratulations. How about a sample of the imprint?

Sure, here you go...

09-1-2021 20:28:05  #214

Guth,

That is really a great looking SG3.  Congratulations !

Looks like I will be in the SG-club in a week or so.  Got this nice SG1 with paper injector feature and that special single-space / double-space type key.

Missing its clear plastic paper support, but I will either chase one down or fabricate a facsimile.

Looks like a very decent and pretty clean machine given its age.

This one only set me back for $ 95 USD and reasonable shipping.  It is not too far from my home but a bit too far to drive with our winter weather upon us.

I will post up more photos when she is home and cleaned up and serviced...but here are some of the seller's photos :

10-1-2021 00:01:39  #215

Pete E., hope that arrives OK for you. I've had three of these sent to me and two arrived damaged - shifted and hit the front member, which is their Achilles heel (or one of them). One of them hit so hard the sides of the frame were started slightly and some cross member had popped out, if I recall correctly. I was in an energetic mood that day and managed to straighten it. Don't think I could have managed that today.

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

10-1-2021 05:00:54  #216

Thanks Pete! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the SG1 makes its way to you safely, it's a good looking machine. In the case of the SG1, the Bob Dylan tie-in is a nice bit of history. The SG series typewriters are such amazing behemoths. I totally underutilize my SG3 in that I'm not in the habit of writing much more than letters of a few pages in length with it. Still, I love the paper injector just the same. In addition to all of the truly notable features, I actually really enjoy having the degree symbol available to me. (Life's simple pleasures and all that.)

10-1-2021 14:40:42  #217

I have traded emails with my seller and sent tips for secure packing.  Fingers are crossed it arrives well. 

BTW...anyone know what the 7.6 stamping to the left of the "Deluxe" of the chrome center plate of the segment might mean/indicate ?  Mine is even in-filled with red paint like the "Deluxe" is painted.

10-1-2021 17:21:28  #218

The 7.6 refers to the 'motion' specification of a typewriter's type slugs. The motion is a distance measurement in millimeters between the two characters on each type slug. Typewriters, particularly portable models, often have a motion of 6.6. It's important to know this number when replacement or different slugs are ordered from a type foundry.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

10-1-2021 20:38:23  #219

Thanks, Uwe...I appreciate the info.  I will confirm the type-slugs have the 7.6 stamping as well once I have the machine in hand. 

Scrambling to find a spot for it in my office/hobby room to place it so it is easy to use but can stay in one spot.

19-1-2021 05:39:34  #220

Interesting sighting: this SG1 was offered online in the Netherlands. The machine is equipped with an external ribbon holder with a carbon ribbon. Unfortunately the seller did not have any additional information about the machine.

Board footera