You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01-4-2013 18:05:35  #11

Re: Mystery Typewriter Thread

Stevetype33 wrote:

I was also struck by the tangle of keys. Why would anyone not fix that before taking a photo?

By now I should have learned to stop dealing with sellers like this.

She did finally reply and called my offer "completely unnacceptable". Fair enough. She knows nothing about what she's trying to sell, doesn't have the sense to at least make it look good for the photo, went online and saw all the other crazy $150 to $500 for sale ads for common-as-dirt typewriters, and now figures hers is worth at least $200. 

As is often the case for someone trying to determine the value of a typewriter, the seller thinks that an asking price is actually what it's worth. You can ask whatever you want. What you'll end up getting is another story, but it's rare that you see those prices outside of eBay.

Lucky for all of us collectors there are plenty of other fish in the sea. And if those buying typewriters are smart and keep their offers reasonable, this should remain an affordable hobby for years to come. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera