You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-2-2015 13:15:06  #1

Remington 25 Electric Typewriter

Anybody have an informed guess as to what a Reminton 25 electric typewriter in good working condition is worth?

06-3-2016 17:44:42  #2

Re: Remington 25 Electric Typewriter

Yes--about $300,000.  That is, if such a thing exists as a Remington 25 in good working condition.  You just might be in possession of one of about three of these in the world.  Please, I am not making fun of your typewriter.  I'm expressing that I've owned quite a number of these at one time or another and I have NEVER seen one in good working condition.  Everytime I ran into one, it would either have very crooked print, the return would be weak, you could press a key and about three seconds later the typebar would finally come up to just barely hit the paper.  The cams and power rollers in the things have a life expectancy of about three minutes.  About the only thing I've found in all of them was their motors, which are very easily removed.  I have often used these in remotoring IBM and Underwood electrics.  Maybe it's just my own rotten luck with them.  To be honest, not too many people are really looking for something quite that heavy (those things weigh a few tons), so it may not sell quite as well as, say, a Remington portable--prewar or postwar.  But if you have a buyer lined out, and if your machine types well and is fairly decent looking (they were quite handsome--as well as the 300s before and the L25s and 26s after), I would say somewhere in the range of about $50 to $75 to $100 at the most.  But if I were you, make it an as-is deal.  I remember selling a few of these only to have them come back in a couple of weeks.  I have even had to replace them with IBM models C or D.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

Board footera